winner of the mike kriger memorial cup

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

winner of the mike kriger memorial cup

Post by bound for glory »

ed ring took first place with his skaven team "the lebanon plague.
2nd went to scott beshnik with dwarf team "kazarok line breakers". and third was taken by mike ring playing high elf team "boston blade runners".

the wooden spoon was taken in by mel rake. mel played pro elves. and the GLOWWORM award went to brent tiber.

all in all, we had a great event. thanks go out to mnb, the only TFF member to atend. thanks matt! matt played a lizardman team and was very near 3rd place. matt, i hope you come next year, buddy. :D

we had 21 coaches, and all had a lot of fun. we raise $409 FOR THE WOUNDED WARRIOR FUND and sadly, my wife would'nt let me get the big fake check, which would have cost $100. but that money went to the fund, so maybe she's right.

if anyone wants one, we stiff have plenty of "wild things" left. pm me if you want a set.

Reason: ''
Rick Sanchez lives!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: winner of the mike kriger memorial cup

Post by sann0638 »

Glad it went well - any reason why it's non-NAF?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

well, heres the thing, its more of a beginners tourny. alot of first timers. i think, and i could be wrong, that if it was a NAF tourny, we would get alot of "sharks", if you know what i mean.
don't get me wrong, we get a bunch of experienced players, but i want to keep it fun, not a highly competitive event.
maybe i will rejoin NAF and make the mike kriger cup a NAF event. i don't know.
what are the benifits to being a NAF tourny?

Rick Sanchez lives!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Advertising, a nice trophy, a record of games played. It doesn't make it super-competitive, the only reason not to be NAF ranked is if you have a wacky ruleset. Otherwise it's all win, in my biased opinion!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

see? thats a sticking point.
we use our clubs "modified 3rd ed" as the rules. its not the up to date "ice pelt" rules.
but i will look into it. maybe we can change things up.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Pictures Dude!! where's the winners pic? ( actually the 4th place would be better :wink: )

Glad you raised a decent amount....and as always your wife was right about the cheque.
bound for glory wrote:well, heres the thing, its more of a beginners tourny. alot of first timers. i think, and i could be wrong, that if it was a NAF tourny, we would get alot of "sharks", if you know what i mean.
My tournaments pitched at "Beginners" and a more relaxed fun environment you would be hard pressed to find ( as I hope you will experience for yourself one day) yes, we get some "top" (Eurobowl) players but its still an enjoyable experience for the newer guys.

NAF sanctioning may increase the experienced players but that's more money for charity....

John, in the end its your call, I and many others applaud you for running a tournament which raises money for a great charity, you can always rely on my support.

well done sir!