Tournament idea for NYC

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Tournament idea for NYC

Post by mzukerman »

Hey there everyone! I am doing a quick survey. I am thinking of doing a tournament (in addition to Empire Cup) in summer of 2016 where we are really testing how good a coach is, not just with one race. Each of the races would be divided into 4 different types: Bash, dash, flex and stunty. A coach would bring one team from each group to the tournament. Each round would feature a different group and you would play within the same group-type (bash vs bash and so on). It would still feature swiss-pairings so the better, more adaptable coaches would play each other at the end of the tournament.

Advantages: Great for ECTS requirement of 2 races, the best coaches really should win, matchups won't be as important - strategy would be, it's different than any other type of tournament, it's a four-game tournament.

Disadvantages: Some coaches would have to proxy figures because they don't have the teams, it forces coaches out of their comfort zones (that could be an advantage for some), the concept and ruleset could be a little complex for newer coaches, I have someone else running this tournament because I want to play in a local tournament - although I'll be there.

I'm very concerned about coaches not wanting to play because they'd not have the minis for it. What do people think of this idea?

Reason: ''
"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Tournament idea for NYC

Post by TheAzman »

I think it's a great idea. Coaches should get out of their comfort zone and try new stuff.

I would play in it if I could. :-)

Reason: ''
Winning... it beats losing.