UKTC team introductions

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: UKTC team introductions

Post by JT-Y »

Arioso wrote:Team NRW (No Reroll Wanted!!)
One small mystery from the WC solved.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

Sadly no - he wanted Rerolls!!! (And had no time ; ( )

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

This is a pun on North Rein Westphalia I'm guessing?

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

Maybe...

Maybe it's nine rerolls wasted? Who knows. We like to be mysterious

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

JT-Y wrote:
Arioso wrote:Team NRW (No Reroll Wanted!!)
One small mystery from the WC solved.
Frenchies have the famous NRA : No Reroll Association.

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Team Fantastic

Formed online for the superb World Cup Warm Up tournament (thx 'goo), and formed a man-love bond so deep that these four strangers wanted to repeat their almost-glory in person in York.

JimmyFantastic - loud and brash, Jimmy likes to wind people up. One tournament organiser was overjoyed to see Jimmy turn up to a BB tournament at GWHQ using giant Warmachine mechs for chaos warriors. Jimmy likes to post youtube videos of himself and take people's innuendo literally. Beware...

Malmir - never met the guy, but plays a mean game of Fumbbl. Won 4 majors on Fumbbl and plays like a thinking man's purplegoo. So good he may be drafted to Team Win At All Costs next year...

Endzone - enjoys abusing low TV BlackBox teams on Fumbbl. Brutally efficient and coldly calculating. Just the kind of complete stranger that I am excited about sharing a twin room with....

PeteW - luckiest n00b on the planet. Loves rolling dice and making crazy plays. Privately believes he made Paul Gegg cry after beating him in the WCWU with a play that had a probability of 0.02% success.

Team Fantastic: forged through the medium of anonymous online play, and ready to be annealed in the noisome atmosphere of sweaty tabletop action.

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
the beanbag
Veteran
Veteran

Post by the beanbag »

Thread winner = PeteW, for using the word 'annealed'.

Lexicography? Sexicography more like...

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

PeteW wrote: Endzone - enjoys abusing low TV BlackBox teams on Fumbbl. Brutally efficient and coldly calculating. Just the kind of complete stranger that I am excited about sharing a twin room with....
Met him the other day, and he assured me that those aren't real room-mate skulls that his dice cup is made of.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

UKbbl East/West

Seeing as I seem to be the mouth piece of our organisation...

We play in a UK based Cyanide league together, we all play once a week online in a 120+ coach league. We also host our own non-NAF ranked TT events twice a year. It's actually a rarity, completely off the books but we still pull 30-40 coaches twice a year, most of whom have never played this game 'seriously'.

Ukbbl - East

Verbal_HM - The village drunk. Picked up this game the 1st week it arrived as a 3d video game as it pulled on my childhood heart strings. My 1st NAF event was the 2012 NAF Champs where I borrowed a fling team off Hawca and I've never looked back. I've only got 54 TT games to my name, but I do have well over 3000 online matches under my belt. My win rate is only 50%, but it's safe to say that I've seen a lot of this game, and considering that about 500 of those games have been played as Flings, I never go into a game fearing somebodies ego, my only fear is the wrath of the dice. Point in context would be that I 'fluked' a win vs Purplegoo at my last NAF event as my Necro vs his Dorfs, I'd be the first to admit that I was lucky during that game when it counted, but it still happened.

AndyDavo - Our darling Davo, and my running buddy at most of the NAF events I attend. The guy is a legend in his own lunchtime on several Cyanide leagues. Very competent coach. He's gone toe to toe with Joemanji on a few occasions. He's also won the Welsh TT for the last two years running.

Cerumol - He seems to be in a unfortunate position that his local TT league is inhabited with a collection of 'hot shot' NAF players who don't seem to think he's actually that good at the game, UKbbl on the other hand is happy to welcome him as one of our best coaches. Tried and tested.

Ugnash - Lots of BB under his belt, pays money to the NAF each year for his love of the game but has never actually bothered to turn up to an event. He did actually win the Cyanide 'Road to NAF' event for a free ticket to the 2014 Champs, but then never actually turned up due to a small family crisis. This event will be popping his NAF cherry.

UKbbl - West

Gavrad76 - One of our league commissioners, a top boss. His NAF number is '1009', and no that isn't a typo, it is actually a 4 digit NAF number. I can't actually understand how somebody can have been involved in BB for so many years and still have never bothered to show up to an official event, but still, he's here now, ripe and ready to pop another NAF cherry. Oh, and he's also the new moderator on the Cyanide BB forum, so feel free to give him shit about how crappy BB2 is in person, he'll pass the message along...

BrotherKane - We stole him from the Bristol TT crowd after they couldn't be bothered to turn up! <shakes fist at Loki>

Thyrus - The 2nd of our league commissioners, he basically got roped in after Itchen dropped out and we needed to make up numbers. Another NAF cherry and don't be surprised if he kicks his dice across the room at some point during the weekend. That's normal.

CharlieBanks - Another long time player, and another NAF Cherry. Old school coach, and a seriously good painter. I'm personally hoping he brings his 'Avengeogres', I'm actually in awe of his ability with a brush. Oh, and his love of fouling...

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Love it!

Jizzee Rascals next please...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Verbal_HM wrote:Gavrad76 - One of our league commissioners, a top boss. His NAF number is '1009', and no that isn't a typo, it is actually a 4 digit NAF number.

BrotherKane - We stole him from the Bristol TT crowd after they couldn't be bothered to turn up! <shakes fist at Loki>
Excellent team introductions. I would like to follow up on Loki's choice not to attend UKTC (I believe his excuse was that it occurred within the same lunar cycle as some sheep sh@ggers get together): He may have the lowest active NAF number at 371? But his choice to miss out on the Premier team tournament in the UK when the Scottish captain is in attendance shows a nonchalance that is noteworthy :wink:

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

CharlieBanks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CharlieBanks »

The AvenOgre's will indeed be there - its not like every's playing seriously are they???

gcoleman76
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gcoleman76 »

Yes looking forward to it now :)

It's going to be good to meet everyone :)

And of course to watch verbal lose.... :)

1009 gcoleman76
Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

That's the team spirit....

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
CharlieBanks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CharlieBanks »

Verbal_HM wrote:That's the team spirit....
#oneteam