Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Maverick
Legend
Legend

Re: UKTC team introductions

Post by Maverick »

JT-Y wrote:
...tell tales of their recent woes to people that aren’t listening...
If anyone even so much as says 'hello' to me at the UKTC I will tell them in minute detail all about my game 8 at the World Cup, even if they have already been told all about it.

Is this the only upside of not being able to attend this event??? the fact we don't have to hear this for the Xth time ;-)

Should probably point out here that at least Ruthy tried to warn me before quickly fleeing the scene and leaving me to my fate :D

Reason: ''
"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Cut this nonsense out! Not sure what prompted that outburst but here isn't the place.

Let's get back to the descriptions; some brilliant one have been unleashed so far. I for one would love to read a few more from the international teams. :)

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

I'll pm you with the full story Maverick.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

JT-Y wrote:I'll pm you with the full story Maverick.
PM everyone!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

I already have Mike. Did I miss you? Apologies. I'll fix that now. It's a story you need to hear again.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

JT-Y wrote:I already have Mike. Did I miss you? Apologies. I'll fix that now. It's a story you need to hear again.
What happened? The old Snake Eyes gooch? Turn 16, your opponent says, "All I need now is a Riot" and gets a Riot?

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
peo2223
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by peo2223 »

As jty rightly pointed out I am gutted people took my attempt at humour as some sort of insult. The whole point of blood bowl is to have a laugh and the guys on my team are all about that. I am often on the bottom table and have a load of fun but equally so do the guys on the top table. People like Don Vito and Pippy make this game enjoyable because although they out class me on a regular basis in our league they are full of encouragement and praise when things go well. I was just trying to match the humour of this thread especially as I am normally on the bottom table. Uktc will be an excellent event as it was last year because everyone is there for a good time no matter what the results on the pitch.

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Jimjimjimany wrote: Verbal, have we ever met or played?
Purplegoo wrote: I hope it’s a short run thing, and that we can then all resume sending ourselves up as we build up to a cracking weekend ...
Just to point out, me writing a post at 4:17am, it isn't something I got out of bed for?

I'm personally impressed I managed to get through the whole thing without any painful typos...

Half said in jest, and I am just popping shots at a few big names to attempt to not be a nobody when I show up in January.

Jim, we've never played, unsurprisingly been at a few of the same events. First time I bumped into your name would be around Flamebowl 2012. I think there was a guy running around telling everybody he could find that he'd just beaten Jimjimjimany's Woods for your 1st loss in about 150 games?

My Xams holiday has already started, I need to avoid this forum until I sober up come January. My sense of humour doesn't historically go down that well over here.

Catch you all in the new year, looking forward to a good event and some hard games.

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Jizzee Rascals skipper Ambush3 sends this message:

The Jizzees need no introduction.

Verbatim.

Carry on!

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

UKTC Refs say:

"Play nicely girls and boys. See you in January!"

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Sizzler wrote:Cut this nonsense out! Not sure what prompted that outburst but here isn't the place.

Let's get back to the descriptions; some brilliant one have been unleashed so far. I for one would love to read a few more from the international teams. :)
That's your nice cop warning...

Any more and I'll be forced to get involved.

Mr 1-in-20
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

You English BloodBowlers do get your

panties in a bunch over nothing don't you!

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

Ironjaw wrote:
Sizzler wrote:Cut this nonsense out! Not sure what prompted that outburst but here isn't the place.

That's your nice cop warning...

Any more and I'll be forced to get involved.

As much as I told myself I'd stay away, this thread does seem to have died?

I'm left wondering if I let my fingers do some more talking, how bad will the 'bad cops' wrath be?

Silence is seriously dull, if we can't 'smack talk' than where is the fun? (Shame on me for using that reference...)

'Well it's the Verbal Herman Munster, word enhancer, sick of phony mobsters controlling the dance floor. I'm in those dark places, catch you when you're stark naked, your heart races as I bump you for your chart spaces!'
Verbal_HM
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Verbal_HM »

I think that everybody should concede to their opponents, if everybody concedes than we can all sit in a hippy circle kissing each other and have a flower arranging competition.

If everybody gives up we can just roll a D20 at the end of the event to see which team wins? That'd be fun?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

But who can concede first? We should make that a competition...

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.