Should Crumb-Bowl be "Bigger"

Poll ended at Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:51 am

Keep Crumb 1 day
63%
Yes, make it 2 days
17%
Don't care would attend either way
13%
Don't care, not attending ( but felt the urge to vote)
8%

Total votes: 24

Glowworm

Re: Crumb-Bowl 5 1 or 2 Day

Post by Glowworm »

So,

Day 1 entry with a winner
Day 2 entry with a winner

Day 1&2 entry with a winner

Would anyone who played both days be eligable for the day 1 win, so win 2 NAF tournaments in the same weekend......

Must say I'm suprised that even tho I offered to keep the 1 day format intact it's still an overwhelming call for no change.......

Reason: ''
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

glowworm wrote: Must say I'm suprised that even tho I offered to keep the 1 day format intact it's still an overwhelming call for no change.......
Why? Great tournament as it is!

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

besters wrote:
glowworm wrote: Must say I'm suprised that even tho I offered to keep the 1 day format intact it's still an overwhelming call for no change.......
Why? Great tournament as it is!
Because I'm still offering that and more for those who may want more..........

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

glowworm wrote:
Must say I'm suprised that even tho I offered to keep the 1 day format intact it's still an overwhelming call for no change.......
It's only 10 votes to 3, how many coaches were at the event this year when you talked about this, lots of people seemed interested then.

I got to say I like 1 day events, but having the option of both is fantastic.

You could have your best newcomer awards etc on day one then the more serious stuff on the second, have two different rule sets then restart on the second day but you could add both results together for overall Crumb-Bowl Champion.

That's what I'd do if I could run a tournament ;)

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

The other option is I run a 2 Dayer totally seperate........ HMMMM, maybe that's the way to go.....

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

More tournaments is good :D

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Be4ch
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Be4ch »

glowworm wrote:The other option is I run a 2 Dayer totally seperate........ HMMMM, maybe that's the way to go.....
Why not try something like Orclahoma Bowl/Spiky Cup where they have 2 1 day tournaments on consecutive days - 1 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday - and people can enter either or both. Each is an individually sanctioned NAF tournament and each has their own winners but there's an overall winner for the coach that played in both days. Each day has different rules and structures so could be fun

http://www.orclahomabowl.com/index.htm

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Hi mate, I voted no change, basically on the thinking 'if it ain't broke...'

If you want to run 2x 1 dayer or even a straight 2 dayer then go for it. If you build it they will come ;)

I'm pretty sure Burger Bowl in Scotland last year ran as two 1 dayers Sat & Sun if you want feedback from a UK TO.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

Ok I usually can't make it as it clashes with last weeks of the hockey season, however able to come this year and happy either way, sat/sun would give me a headache about bloodbowl over hockey though ;-)

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Crumb-Bowl 5 1 or 2 Day

Post by nazgob »

I tend to let the hockey go, personally.

Helps that I'm not very good though.

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Reason why I voted for no change -

I love a one-dayer. I think they are a credible and welcome addition to the tournament scene. They are useful for squeezing in that little extra bit of tournament Blood Bowl into the calendar without upsetting the boss too much.

That said, if you did some half n' half hybrid as you described it... should the stars align and pigs fly and I won the tournament on the Saturday I would not feel as though I have won anything. I was the highest ranked coach after game three... or maybe not even the highest ranked coach at all as your description goes... just the highest ranked coach out of those only doing day one. It's not really a thing.

Simply put, Crumb Bowl is the biggest one dayer on the calendar and I'd rather win a one dayer than half a two dayer. So, I voted for it to remain the same.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

nonumber wrote:
Simply put, Crumb Bowl is the biggest one dayer on the calendar and I'd rather win a one dayer than half a two dayer. So, I voted for it to remain the same.
THIS.....

It stays One day.

However, be aware that "Glowworm productions" may run a 2 dayer at another time, got some great ideas / twists that would not suit crumb.

Thank you all for your input, you have spoken, I have listened. :D