Should Crumb-Bowl be "Bigger"

Poll ended at Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:51 am

Keep Crumb 1 day
63%
Yes, make it 2 days
17%
Don't care would attend either way
13%
Don't care, not attending ( but felt the urge to vote)
8%

Total votes: 24

Glowworm

Crumb-Bowl 5 1 or 2 Day

Post by Glowworm »

Guys,
I'm considering making Crumb a 2 day event, however don't despair, I'm also trying to keep the 1 day event intact, so was thinking:

you can pay for 1 day (Saturday Only) or 2 days ( Sat & Sun) Lots of people have asked for 2 days.

Saturday runs as normal with a winner, however the winner would be the highest placed coach who is only playing day 1, same with Cas, TD's Spoon Etc. so essentially you could be in 1st position after 3 games and get nothing as your there for both days.....

Day 2 plays from Day 1 (Swiss) with the day 1 coaches removed, and at the end more prizes for placing's, Cas, spoons Etc.

As I assume the NAF would only provide 1 trophy it would be for the day 2 (overall) winner.

Pro's

You can still attend for the Saturday and get the "traditional" Crumb experience.
6 games is twice the fun
As its viewed as a NAFC try-out by many coaches it may be of more value to them

Cons
Alienate the "new" players which Crumb is aimed at
Ton of extra work
Food for day 2?? ( is double Noodles ok? I think so)

Let me know what you think, probably £14 for 1 day, £24 for 2, have to do some maths but will be around that level, dependant on day 2 interests.

Either way I will be running Crumb in some format, getting voting and once I've decided which way to go Ill update the original thread and get started.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Crumb-Bowl 5 1 or 2 Day

Post by lunchmoney »

glowworm wrote: Cons
Alienate the "new" players which Crumb is aimed at
Ton of extra work
Food for day 2?? ( is double Noodles ok? I think so)
Stick with 1 day, for the above reasons.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

I've just voted for 1 day. There still aren't many one day tournaments out there and Crumb is probably the leading example.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Crumb is awesome, I like the idea of having a choice of 1 or 2 days.

Is there accommodation near by?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

speedingbullet wrote:I've just voted for 1 day. There still aren't many one day tournaments out there and Crumb is probably the leading example.
I voted the same way for the same reason, I like knowing there are a couple of annual one dayers to go to.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Dionysian
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Dionysian »

glowworm wrote: As I assume the NAF would only provide 1 trophy it would be for the day 2 (overall) winner.
This should be worth checking into as it makes much more sense for each to award a NAF trophy (assuming the 'day 1 only' field exceeds 23), because
glowworm wrote: Saturday runs as normal with a winner, however the winner would be the highest placed coach who is only playing day 1, same with Cas, TD's Spoon Etc. so essentially you could be in 1st position after 3 games and get nothing as your there for both days.....
means that Crumb 5.1 and Crumb 5.2 would effectively be two different tourneys, despite combining player pools for match-ups on the Saturday, with different fields each eligible for only one set of prizes.

This idea is genius, glow! When/if I get around to running a tourney I may shamelessly rip this off.

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

This year there was a two day event in Harlow on the same weekend. Is that running again?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I think you could probably get two NAF trophies, as long as there were at least 12 playing only one day?

I would keep it as a one-dayer though, I like it.

But voted don't care, I'll be there as long as I can make it (rehearsal dates etc).

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Merrick
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Merrick »

Never been, but voted one day. It just seems right.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Won't be making it this year, but I voted "Don't care" as whatever you do will be awesome. ;)

Do like the idea of a 1-day with a 2-day, though that will make you unable to use "strength of schedule".

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Darkson wrote:Won't be making it this year, but I voted "Don't care" as whatever you do will be awesome. ;)

Do like the idea of a 1-day with a 2-day, though that will make you unable to use "strength of schedule".
I don't use S of S anyway, never liked the fact that you could win because you drew someone in round 1 who went on to do well, however that's a discussion for a different thread.

Looks like it's staying a 1 Dayer, surprised as the 1 day event would basically remained the same.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Crumb-Bowl 5 1 or 2 Day

Post by nazgob »

I'd be there regardless, but it's hard to say which I would prefer. Noodles work both days as does the plan for a tournament within a tournament.

Have you thought of three? Two one dayers and an overall champion?

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

nazgob wrote:I'd be there regardless, but it's hard to say which I would prefer. Noodles work both days as does the plan for a tournament within a tournament.

Are you INSANE.?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

nazgob wrote:I'd be there regardless, but it's hard to say which I would prefer. Noodles work both days as does the plan for a tournament within a tournament.

The on-the-day admin would not be fun.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I would do him a spreadsheet :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler