Re: Would it get NAF Ranking?

Post by nightwing »

Twelfman wrote:Sounds like Gladiators.

Contestants... Ready!

Champions... Ready!

Fight!

A quick battle with the giant cotton buds should be the tie breaker :lol:

Reason: ''
Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Looking at the sanctioning rules it seems like tournaments have to allow anyone, but nothing is said about needing to give everyone opportunity to win it. As such, you could have a separate 'division' for NAF winners. Essentially, you'd be running two tournaments under the one banner. Team events I've been to have operated similarly.

Whether this goes against the 'spirit' of the NAF rules would be another question.

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

There was a tournament in Daventry a few years ago (VaultCon) which ran like the World Cup - teams were organised into groups, with the top 2 from each going into knockout rounds - and the bottom two into a separate KO phase for the best of the rest. Then for each of the KO rounds there was a random draw for the other teams so they still got to play games... That worked pretty well and you could easily seed the teams in the group stage if you wanted.

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Rather than make a new thread...

I still don't have DZ2 (when they release the BB2016 rules on their own, in book form, not pdf, then I'll get it), so a question on the
(In)famous Coaching Staff and allowing them at tournaments.

I'd be happy to allow the racial ones (though I might expand them a bit, just to cover a few more teams) but if I do, do I have to also allow the wizard one, or can I say he's not allowed?
Basically, is it an "all or nothing" thing?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Inducements have been optional in NAF events for a long time now. You pick and choose the ones you want to include.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

But so far it's been "you pick Stars", not "you can pick some Stars" or "these Stars but not Zara".
You can pick cards, but you can't (afaik anyway) say "but not these" (though you can put a limit on the amount spent).
So are these classed "one type" of inducements, which means I have to allow or disallow them all, or as individuals?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Sorry, but you've been able to exclude any of the inducements for some time now. I've been to many tournaments that have excluded Wizards, for example.

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

NAF Tournament Guidelines

d) Inducements may be selectively allowed or left out at the discretion of each organizer, but it's recommended that those which allow "stunty" teams to remain competitive (Bribes and Master Chef) always be used.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Right, wizards. Because that's one type of inducement. I've banned them as well. Notice I didn't use Wizards as an example.
That's not my question.

My question is, are the new (In)Famous Coaches an "all or nothing" inducement, as if I have to allow them all I won't use them (which is a shame), or are they treated as individual ones?

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Oh ok, I get you. There's nothing to suggest in the rules or in the NAF guidelines that they are an 'all or nothing' thing.

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

IIRC, Pearlies K&Q banned stars for all teams apart from stunties, but also specifically excluded Zara, and was NAF approved.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

That sounds like it should not have been the case. When?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler