Sevens tournaments

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Sevens tournaments

Post by howlinggriffon »

I'm looking at doing a Sevens tournament next year and I'm looking at the logistics of it. I've noticed that a lot of the existing Sevens tournaments are of five games. Would it be better to try and make mine a six game format?

Only reason I'm considering it is because of the whole "counts towards the 24" - as two Sevens games count as a single Blood Bowl match towards completing the 24. With six games, someone can play a race and have them done and dusted as far as the 24/26 is concerned.

Reason: ''
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Sevens tournaments

Post by Jip »

The 7s tournaments Wobert runs at Incom Gaming in Cheltenham start at 6:30pm and we're usually finished by 11pm.

That fits three games in (though can be a little tight for time with newer players, or slower coaches), so you should be fine to get six in, if you're running a one-day event.

Guess it depends how tight you make the schedule. The Incom events can feel a bit rushed, but that's necessary to get all the games done and dusted in time. If you have a whole day, I don't think six would be a massive ask.

Why not make it seven and let them change team for the last game to get a jump start on the next race they've got to tick off? :wink:

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Albion 7s is 5 games and about 6 hrs (1hr games and time for admin, though this one was a little longer due to more new [to BB] players), so if you wanted to start earlier then 6 games should be easy enough. Having a strict time limit would help, but does fly in the face of the 'fun' game bit.
I guess it depends on the hours of the venue and how far you're hoping your players will come from.

That said, I like Albion 7s 12:30 start, as it means I can get a couple of hours sleep after work before starting. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

More tourneys should do 12 o'clock starts ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
howlinggriffon

Post by howlinggriffon »

It was that Albion Coast tournament I attended that made me realise how much fun Sevens is. I'd be happy to do five games - it's certainly enough BB for one day. I just wasn't sure if people were fussed about being able to tick off a team for the 24/26.

That's why I came to that Sevens tourament - I'd only got two games under my belt with Chaos Pact and wanted to make up the numbers. Now it looks like I'm the top rated Chaos Pact Sevens player :lol: