Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

HQ Summer Jam

Post by El_Jairo »

Hi everyone,

after a long while, I haven't been to a TT tournament since world cup 2015, I'm back in for some major Blood Bowl fun at HQ Summer Jam next Saturday.

Of course I waited a bit long to come up with roster and I have discovered that there are some special rules in place, which I have no experience with. Here are the rules for the three games: you pick on 9 different players a 'floating skill' and before the start of each game you have to activate of those 3 skills and they become unusable for the following games. If your team is not Tier 1, you can choose 2x a double for these floating skills.

I'm bringing my newly painted Chaos Dwarfs (no Minotaur because I lack a model with enough fur on it) and you have 1100 kgc to spend, so this is my roster:

2x BC, 6x CDB, 4x Hobo's.
3x TRR 1x Apoth, which clocks in just at 1.1 kTV

So here is my main question: what skills would you choose?

- Bull Centaur, I'm doubting to pick Block and Break Tackle for using vs high speed teams, so I have a sweeper bull which can't be simply tagged to lock him in. 2x Block, seems more consistent, as it's always useful in offensive and defensive blocking.

- Chaos Dwarf Blockers: I would say: 4x Guard, 1x MB and 1x Claw (or maybe just skip for MB anyways as it is always better vs AV9 too)

- Hobgoblin: here I would consider Sure Hands for if I play vs slowed bashy teams, so my BC's can form the cage to be more resilient and avoid more blocks on my Hobo's

What would you do?

Reason: ''