Wood Elves in tournaments LFA

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

pinkskink
Rookie
Rookie

Wood Elves in tournaments LFA

Post by pinkskink »

A buddy of mine and I were talking a few nights back about teams for tournaments and we talked strategies and team builds for all the teams based on the "average" TVs of tournaments in our region, but we got to Wood Elves, and as the one who generally plays finesse teams, I kind of hit a wall for what to do.

The tournaments in our area tend to run from 1.15k to 1.3k with up to X amount of that roster can be skills for their standard costs (around 6 skills on average). You are allowed to dip into that "skill allowance" to add players/inducements/etc.

I looked at a "normal" starting WE roster for league play, then I could add skills where I wanted, depending on my playstyle:
2 WD
1 Catcher
8 Liners
2 RR
=990k

I noticed, when glancing at other WE tournament posts, coaches were opting for less liners and more positionals (usually catchers) and a 3rd RR. I have certainly have the room to purchase those kinds of rosters, but I lose out on skill choices.
Can the WE roster with the better positionals do well with maybe one to two purchasable skills (I might be able to squeak a third), or should a go with a more conservative roster and take all the skills I can?

Thoughts?

Reason: ''
Maverick
Legend
Legend

Re: Wood Elves in tournaments LFA

Post by Maverick »

First thought - thrower with leader is cheaper than Lino and reroll

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: Wood Elves in tournaments LFA

Post by nazgob »

Second thought: built in dodge is awesome.

In reality, paying for dodge on line elves gets pricey, but if you prefer wrestle/block, it's worth having fewer catchers.

Just keep the side step catcher alive for one turners.