Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Athanatos
Rookie
Rookie

Help choosing skills for tournament

Post by Athanatos »

Hi
I’m shortly to go to a 3 game tournament and can choose skills. We have to spend a minimum of 1.1 on the roster ( players and inducements and rerolls )

In addition you can buy skills. A Tier 1 team has an extra 100k for skills at the start and tier 2 have an extra 50k (150 total) . After the first game all get another 40k Normal skills cost 20k, One player may have a double skill at 30k and one can have two skills, the second of which costs 30k

I have only played with Dark Elves but do have the human and orc starter models also painted though I’ve not played either yet. (And an unpainted ogre)

Currently thinking of either 3 Blitzers, 2 WE, 1 Runner, 5 Line Elves or 4 Blitzers, 1WE 1 Runner, 5 Line Elves; both with 2 RR and Apo or 3RR

Not sure what skills to take; probably Guard as the double, but then I can only take 4 plus the 2later.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Help choosing skills for tournament

Post by sann0638 »

Cool! Can't go far wrong with a load of dodge on the blitzers, wrestle and block on the witches, possibly leader on the runner. I'd go 3 blitzers and 2 witches. Recommend passing up the double - 2 normal is more valuable.

Good luck!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

If it’s your first tournament, have a read of this:

https://www.thenaf.net/2017/07/new-to-tournaments/

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Athanatos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Athanatos »

sann0638 wrote:Cool! Can't go far wrong with a load of dodge on the blitzers, wrestle and block on the witches, possibly leader on the runner. I'd go 3 blitzers and 2 witches. Recommend passing up the double - 2 normal is more valuable.

Good luck!
Thanks for your input.
I’ve only limited (recent - I did play 2nd ed 25 or so years ago with my son) experience ( a dozen or games) and that was mainly a short league where I kept hoping in vain for a double to get guard, and to skillup a line elf for kick; this might make me a bit biased in wanting to use the double!

If all normal skills I get a max of 7 - five initially and two later. If I go for the double it’d be a max if 6 but I can then have a two on the same player as well ( Guard Blitzer and Blodgstep Witch!?)

Is kick worth it, or only as the 7th skill?