Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

2520 Cripple Cup

Post by celticgriffon »

Hi everyone,

After seeing the carnage for the online BB2 Cripple Cup Tournament we had to do our own. This is a multi-day tournament as a primer for our 2520 Season.

1.15 M teams. No apothecaries, no Igors, no Necromancers. Teams can hire a permanent wizard for 200k, Halflings a Chef for 200k, and Goblins one bribe for 100k. They could also buy a permanent Bloodweiser Babe but nobody did.

No cash at the end of the game and you cannot buy journeymen or replacement players. Injuries carry and so do SPP's. The only incentive a team gets for inducements is a single card of the highest value you are able to take. Lots of carnage so far!!!

Feel free to check out the games on our website: http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com

I also have cut some footage of my Goblin team - Kibble Gibble'z Gitz using my GoPro time lapse function. The first video had too much time between frames.. Unfortunately the Gitz are now eliminated but hopefully I will capture a few more of the tournament games in with this feature.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... u4wB-ExHpc

Let us know if you like the vids.

Cheers,
Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: 2520 Cripple Cup

Post by lunchmoney »

When? Where?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Sorry everyone - is there anyway to move this to tournament discussion? I think I placed this in the wrong forum category. Again my apologies.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

celticgriffon wrote:Sorry everyone - is there anyway to move this to tournament discussion? I think I placed this in the wrong forum category. Again my apologies.
Done

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Wobert
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wobert »

This is excellent.

I created the original Cripple Cup a number of years ago now at the online league Iron Phoenix. It is a little unexpected how it took off online and there have been iterations in at least 4 other online groups I know of. For a while now I have been toying with a table top version of it myself, either as an ongoing league or as a mini one day event. How have you found its worked on table top?

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Hi Wobert,

Thank you so much for creating the Cripple Cup format.

I think it is quite brilliant and have enjoyed all of the online games people have streamed or posted.

We had eight players for our mini tournament.

1 x Goblin
2 x Dwarf
2 x Orc
1 x Elf Union
1 x Brettonia

First game of our tournament decided if you went to the upper or lower bracket. Then each game thereafter was single elimination.

We are currently in the semi-finals with each semi having a match of Orcs vs Dwarfs.

Below were the rules I decided on for our tabletop tournament:

2520 Regina Flatland Cripple Cup – A battle of attrition mini-tournament

It is that time of the year to get excited for Blood Bowl.

Come one come all. The dregs of Regina are invited to another Flatland Pre-Season event – the 2520 Cripple Cup.

Make a team. Make it tough. Or don’t. Winning is important. Survival is as well. No cash is awarded after your games. Meh - this isn’t the big leagues. No dumb Journeymen. No dumb Apothecaries or even dumber Necromancers. Injuries are permanent. Single elimination begins after the first game…

Entry Cost and Deadline
• $5.00 / each coach can enter one team
• End of day / Sunday, January 12

Team Building
• $1 150 000 team.
• Each team needs 11 players minimum.
• No Apothecary or Necromancer.
• No Star Players.
• No Igor.
• Any team may hire up to 1 permanent Bloodweiser Babe for 100K.
• Any team may hire a single wizard for 200k.
• Any team may hire any number of cheerleaders or coaches for 10k each.
• Halfling Master Chef is 200k for Halfling teams. It cannot be hired by other teams.
• Goblin teams may purchase up to 1 permanent Bribe for 100K.
• All other normal team building rules apply.
• All teams will be built on our website as normal. http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com

End Game Sequence Adjustments
All games must have a winner. Ties are not allowed. All matches will use RFBBL house rules for OT play.

• No money is generated after any game.
• Fan factor is awarded as normal.
• One MVP is awarded at random to each team.
• SPP’s are awarded as normal.
• Skills may be purchased using the online system.
• You may not hire any Journeymen to replace missing players prior to any match.

If you qualify for an inducement during your next game you may buy a single Special Play Card drawn at random from a deck in which you would qualify for.
No other inducements are allowed.

Tournament Games
Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 2 games.

After the first game all winners go into the winner bracket. After the first game all losers go into the loser bracket.

Each game after the first game is single elimination. You lose the match and you are out. Matches for all games will be drawn at random.

Finals
The winner of the winner bracket will play the winner of the loser bracket in the final. The team in the winning bracket gets to choose who will kick or receive. They will also get to choose to kick or receive if the game goes into overtime.

With no journeymen or cash to balance the games the Dwarf and Orc teams have gained a slight edge. This could have all gone wrong if a team took a claw or two, however.

I may have to make the next event all Stunty.. haha

I have been playing BB since second edition. When 3rd edtion came out I immediately started a league in my local city. It was bliss. The Cripple Cup takes me back to early 3rd edition.. where you didn't have journeymen at all.. If you had 4 players for your next game you put them on the line and crossed your fingers. I wax nostalgic on such things.

I seemed to have burnt out on BB over the past two years. This tournament has thankfully re-invigorated my desire to play. Again - much kudos to your original design. And yes, I think the Cripple Cup would make for an excellent single day tournament! Ours has taken place over a few weeks. I would expect it to wrap up by end of next at the latest.

Cheers,
Michael