What are you using as a guide for resuming tournaments?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

What are you using as a guide for resuming tournaments?

Post by Mystic Force »

Curious what metric people are using for the resumption of tournaments, either for people choosing to go to a tournament or for those organizing them. Presumably with some level of pre organization and notification needed people could start advertising a tournament ahead of the resumption of normal life in expectation that things will be possible.

So what metrics are people using in different countries or regions?

Reason: ''
I am a pro "fun" guy.
Danny
Experienced
Experienced

Re: What are you using as a guide for resuming tournaments?

Post by Danny »

I guess it will vary from country to country. I’m in the U.K. and like most things the U.K. government do nothing is planned or thought through, it’s just chaos and usually motivated by funnelling money to someone rather than any kind of logical or predictable policy.

I’m going to just wait until everything is back to normal, and if that’s a couple of months (I think this is the minimum time needed to prepare) before the planned date then the tournament will go ahead.

It’s also probably possible to hold covid versions of tournaments with tables spread out and masks etc. depending on locals laws/restrictions, I’d rather just wait, personally, though as it’s not going to be a great experience having to stay 2m away from everyone else and wear a mask for 8-10 hours.

Reason: ''