WTB: Joker cards

Got some other Miniatures for sale? Then advertise them here!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

WTB: Joker cards

Post by Darkson »

Not exactly mini's I know, but...

I used a "Joker" system at the last ARBBL where player's could gamble that they'd win their next match to gain bonus points, once-per-tournament. Those that used it thought it was a good idea, but a lot of people forgot about it, because there was nothing to remind them (other than the rulepack), so I'm looking at getting cards to use in future events.

Ideally, I'd like to get 60 or so cards made with the ARBBL logo on it, but if not, just having 60 or so Joker cards the same would be better than nothing, but a search of the 'tinternet hasn't really given me any useful options. Would also be helpful (for cost) if it was a UK-based solution, though that's not 100% necessary.

Anyone got any ideas?

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: WTB: Joker cards

Post by Steam Ball »

Order a batch of business cards? ARBBL logo and some text talking about what they are for. If the printer looks funny at you, just ask if they want the money or not. ;)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I can get business cards, but I was hoping for something a little nicer.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Define nicer. :)

I just looked at one of those online photo processing sites, and they let you select from a handful of layouts, vertical and horizontal. Then you upload photos to fill the blanks, input text in other blanks and select a handful of fonts. They even let you print in both sides, for an extra.

You can just upload one front image and one back image with text already included, and using the plain layout that puts images covering all the area, you would get something like Magic, etc cards, minus the round corners and the size (a cm or so smaller).

Mango
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mango »

Whats the ARBBL logo? i cant find it on the website, unless it is the half shield with hammer and axe?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

It's a pumpkin - it's not on the website, as (at the moment) it's a b&w line drawing.

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

How about printing and laminating them. this way they can be customized to whatever you want/need. I used to print/laminate the quick reference sheets and my custom dugout.

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Darkson wrote:Anyone got any ideas?
As mentioned before, perhaps you best bet (looks and cost wise) would be having them (cards) done, printed and possibly laminated for durability.
They could have the name of the tourney, the year (or whatever you'd like to see in them), aside from the obvious ARBBL logo.
Drop me a pm if you could use some help on putting those together.

Oh, one other idea, I've seen some cards made by impact and they looked very nice, both paper and printing quality wise.
Could be another option having a word with them.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Only a year late. :wink:
Ended up using Vistaprint. Not what I wanted, but better than nothing.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

:oops:
Sorry.
Must have been sleeping...