Grass Mats

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Grass Mats

Post by Ithilkir »

Ok, not quite a miniature but it's the most appropriate forum to post it (unless we rename it to Modelling) :)

Anyway, I am thinking about making up my own pitch and was wondering how gaming grass mats would work. I'm not buying the GW grass mats (too expensive) but I know of a few places online that stock them in various colours. Are they suitable for marking the lines out and are they actually textured or just flat?

Reason: ''
Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

fine. I made one. Pasted it onto some mdf board and ironed/pressed the creases out. Protect the edges if you fold the mat around the sides to stop wear and tear. If you markout the pitch with a template you can paint lines straight on. Time consuming but effective. Also if you make a mistake you can scrap off the paint and patch up the area with some stattic grass. Deathwing might have a pic somewhere.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Arkan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arkan »

follow up question.

For the actual board, how did you guys do it. Like, what setup did you choose to be able to fold it away.

I did not come up with a good option here so far.

And the board as a whole would be too large to transport.