Taking Pics of your minis............

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

rabidroadkill
Veteran
Veteran

Taking Pics of your minis............

Post by rabidroadkill »

Can anyone give me any advice on how to clean my pics up. I got a new digital camera for Christmas, and have tried to take some pics of my minis. It is a 2.0 megapixel, but the pictures are HORRIBLE. They are so blurry you can't tell what is what.

Any advice? I have read through the manual but nothing has helped.

Reason: ''
I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, "What was THAT?!"
dakkakhan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dakkakhan »

I don't know much, but getting a tripod to hold the camera steady has really helped out quite a bit.

Oh, and use the 'Macro' setting, most cameras have one.

Andy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Andy »

I think the macro setting is the key.

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

- Macro setting
- Good light (daylight or at least 2 lamps) -> no flash
- If possible to set, high aperture setting of 4.0+ (gives you a deeper focus area), for larger minis with lots of depth 8.0+
- Tripod or other way to stablise the camera
- use of timed shutter prevents shaking the camera when releasing the shutter.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Thanks! I was just going to search for a thread like this after taking some abysmal pics this weekend!

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
rabidroadkill
Veteran
Veteran

Post by rabidroadkill »

BAH!!!! Of course my dad went cheap-ass on me for Christmas and got a junky digital camera with no Macro mode. :( He always finds ways to get "good gifts" but are very cheap. But I guess I would too if I had to buy for 7 kids and 4 grandkids :)

Guess I'll just have to wait until my brother from Indy comes home with his camera........

I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and go, "What was THAT?!"
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

If you don't have a macro mode, all you can do is test the minimal focus range of the camera.

Just take a couple of pictures, moving the mini an inch back every time and note down which picture number has which distance to the camera. Once the pictures get focussed, you know how close you can go roughly (usually 15-20 cm without macro mode). Then just take the pics at that distance using maximum resolution and crop them to the mini size. with 2 megapixels they still could be of decent size (200x250 pixels is usually good enough for the webpresentation of a mini)

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup