amazing 40K Khorne thingy ..

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

That guy better shouldn't fall over his own legs... :D

Reason: ''
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

would be nice to see it in the flesh. Almost looks unreal it's sooooo good.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

would be nice to see it in the flesh. Almost looks unreal it's sooooo good.
Thats the reason i thought first to see a kind of a airbrush 2D work... " unreal good", those are the right words. :wink:

Traveller

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

gotta agree with everyone else....what a beauty!

also would like to see what he could do with a bloodbowl team.

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

That was done by the same artist who did the Slayer Sword-winning Khorne juggernaut I showed here in this thread a couple months ago. Remember, as I also mentioned in that thread, that the juggernaut was the conclusion of the guy's first year doing any kind of miniatures painting! :o

The Hellblade is a newer piece, and I have to say I like it even better! I remember seeing discussions of the juggernaut in other forums and people asking how much image-editing was done to the pic, and many other people who'd attended the GamesDay at which it won, who did see it in person there, said that by their estimation there wasn't any. My guess is that it's just a damn good photography setup -- probably shot in a diffusion box like this with three or four light sources, eliminating all natural shadows as well as the glare from that much light, all which simply lets the hand-painted NMM shadows show themselves off to full effect.

As far as airbrushing goes, I don't know about the Hellblade in particular, but the juggernaut was done by hand.

Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

Eh, I just noticed that the link I gave for the diffusion box loads... if you give it 10 minutes or so. :roll: It's a shame because that page is about photographing gaming miniatures specifically and includes actual photographs of the real diffusion equipment set-up; hopefully it's just a temporary glitch, as it's never taken that long to load for me before. In the meantime, though, this page about small-object photography in general illustrates the thing, albeit with simple line drawings.

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

thanks for the link of the diffusion box
... very interesting and not tooooo difficult to build. I have to think about it. I would add a small rotatable platform at the button so i dont have to touch the mini while taking pictures of different angles. I have to build one of those things anyway for my priming box. :wink:

BTW... the link is working well !

Traveller

Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

Hmm, don't know what was up with it earlier, but I'm glad to see it was just a temporary glitch, after all. And as far as a rotating turntable, all I've ever done in my priming box is set the mini down on a 3"x3" piece of notepad paper, and then turn the paper by the corner. Gadget freak that I am, though... hmm. :D

Bonehead
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Bonehead »

Looks fantastic. I also tried nmm once but painted it over with silver afterwords. It looked horrible. Maybe I´ll try again someday but then I don´t think I will wreck a whole BB team with it.

Reading my sig was by about three seconds of total waste of time.
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

browwnrob wrote:Whats NMM?

[EDIT] Rob, don't you even bother reading posts other than yours anymore? - Darkson :wink:
:)

Just because it takes my dialup 20 mins to submit a message ;)

***EDIT***

BTW, how do i change the "Emerging Star" in my profile to the left to something else?

(says rob as he cant imagine what darkson will change it to, the rascal!)

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Your rank is tied to the number of posts you've done. The ranks go up according to posts made= SPPs-Skill ranks x 10.

browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

aye i know that! :)

but i did notice you are aptly named "Da Collector" and hoomin is aptly named "Taffy" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its something only the mods can change? am i right? :)

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
girly_alpha
Rookie
Rookie

Post by girly_alpha »

Lahatiel wrote:Remember, as I also mentioned in that thread, that the juggernaut was the conclusion of the guy's first year doing any kind of miniatures painting! :o
Please tell me he did at least anything similar to painting things before that.

Nice Link for the Diffusion Box.
I might need that when I'm good enough to paint anything worth taking photos of. That might take a century or two....

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

browwnrob wrote:aye i know that! :)

but i did notice you are aptly named "Da Collector" and hoomin is aptly named "Taffy" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its something only the mods can change? am i right? :)
All the mods have special names, and Hoomin... well, because he is Welsh. :D

Names can be only chnaged by the board administrators.

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Names can be only chnaged by the board administrators.
Once i was thinking i will get a special name , too... because of my webarchive, but no admin did anything :( So i m still keeping collecting posting numbers. :)

congrat to Narkotic "Da Collector" ... this was the title i thought i will get sometimes :wink: But i´m no mod anyway...

Traveller " Da mini collector" or " Da Builder " :wink: