Moonlight Miniatures Skeleton Piper

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Moonlight Miniatures Skeleton Piper

Post by Chairface »

Something cool for the undead team's sidelines.

http://moonlightmini.com/Moonlight28s.htm

Reason: ''
http://www.impactminiatures.com
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Looks strangely familiar..... :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

There was a skeleton piper in Army of Darkness as well. Though my first thought was the same DW.

Nice mini, wouldn't mind having it on the sideline for my khemri team.

ImageImage
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

...and I had sworn I wouldn't paint tartan again :roll:

Same thought when I saw it (Dropkick), although I forgot about AoD

Hey, what do you think of Warrior's Code?

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

It rocked my socks off.

ImageImage
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

/me bought Warriors code today.

...and it rocks beyond words.
The bit about "Last letter home" in the inlay is heartbreaking.

Nice mini...I would get one if it wasn't such a blatant rip off, and something that should be reasonably easy to convert from a plastic skellie.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

Missed them this weekend when I couldn't make it to Warped Tour out here this year, and don't have "Warrior's Code" yet, either. :(

And that's definitely a nice-looking mini and I'd love to put one on the sidelines of my undead/necro team, next to Reaper's Hecklemeyer, Skeleton Jester and and Skeleton Drummer figures. But the shipping... ouch! $6 flat-rate shipping in the U.S., $15 flat-rate outside the U.S.? Better order a whole bunch of their stuff if you want to make it worth it. :-?

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

I hadn't noticed that. Thats disgusting. Forget I posted it. :evil:

Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

$3 for the fig itself isn't too bad, so I checked the shipping because I'd have considered it, otherwise. If I remember, I might revisit this in a couple months when I should have a bit more free cash. If I got enough interest to order, say, 6 at once, I'd have them shipped here to me in the States for the $6 flat-rate price, and could still turn them around to international buyers for probably no more than $6-7 U.S. including shipping -- if the interest was there beforehand, of course.

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Good idea!

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

Chairface wrote:Good idea!
??? why ??? explain. it's only a good idea if he gets the interest of others.

personaly I think he'd be getting into a lot of work for very little end user satisfaction.

$3 mini and IF he can get $6 bulk rate. so he buys 10 mini's at bulk cost including shipping at $36.

so now the minis is up to $3.60.

Now he has to send the mini to interested parties...packagin materials might run $1 for plastic wrapped envelopes to prevent loss.

If he uses paypal then another .50 fee there.

then theres the shipping cost itself which in the states might be under $1 but overseas might be $2.

there's also the time of him going to post office...probably multiple times...

So you're looking at a cost of $6-7 like he said but only if he gets 9 other people interested in the mini.....which is probably more like 4-5 people or less so he'll be eating the rest until people contact him.

NFL: Praise NUFFLE!!!

Ronin Nuffle Lover.....Want a piece of me?

Werewolf Gambler

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,gken1,white,blue.png[/img][/url]
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

I am assuming that he has the people lined up already before he orders.

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

You know what they say about when you assume :o

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

gken1 wrote:??? why ??? explain. it's only a good idea if he gets the interest of others.
Well, Ken and I did basically the same math, gave or take a few cents. But the key is where he said "if he gets the interest of others." Hey, wait, look at that -- I'd already said the exact same thing in my own post... twice in one post, as a matter of fact. So Chair's assumption is correct, if for no other reason than the fact that he read what I wrote. ;)

Not only have I sold 100+ different things on eBay, but I was actually selling things (mostly Magic cardsback then) worldwide before the World Wide Web itself even existed, back in the days where everything was done over Usenet newsgroups because that's all there was. I've also done about a dozen or so trades and/or direct sales of figures with TBBers, too. The only reason I bring all those things up is to say that I know what I'm doing when it comes to things like this. I'm not naive about such things.

Wrapping a fig in bubble wrap, in a regular envelope, is just as effective as expensive bubble mailers; I have access to both at no cost. A bubble-wrapped fig in an envelope can be mailed at a weight of 2 ounces. I pass the post office during its hours of operation a minimum of twice a day in my car -- though when I am going there specifically, I frequently choose to walk to it instead, since it's so close. Of course, Ken wasn't aware of such things, but I took them into account when making my inital estimate. So let's revisit what I originally said:

I find five others plus me, for 6 figs total $18, plus shipping $6 = $24
Cost per fig = $4
Packaging = $0
PayPal = $0.50
Domestic postage = $0.60
Canadian postage = $0.85
Overseas = $1.55 or $1.60, depending on country

So that's looking at a final actual cost ranging from $5.10 to $6.10 per figure. Even if the packages nudge over 2 ounces -- doubtful, but possible -- shipping cost goes up by $0.23 domestic and $0.80 overseas for that extra ounce -- which still leaves things in the $6-7 range, even when talking about ordering 6 figures rather than 10.

I never promised I'd be doing this, of course, but if I do... really, not that big a deal.

Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

gken1 wrote:$3 mini and IF he can get $6 bulk rate.
One more thing: you capitalize "IF" here as though it were some big question mark in the equation, whether or not I can get them to give me a special $6 shipping rate. There's no question -- the website says, and I quote, "We charge a flat $6.00 shipping fee for all domestic orders..." just like I already stated it did in my previous post.