Confrontation lives!

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Confrontation lives!

Post by Darkson »

From the CMON newsletter:
Confrontation lives!

Legacy Miniatures is excited to announce that they have secured the license to the entire Confrontation back catalog, and will immediately start producing previously released and unreleased figures from this amazing and sorely missed miniatures line.

Confrontation was a game published by Rackham Entertainment until it entered liquidation in 2009, and some of the most amazing 28mm figures in the world ceased to be available at that time. Cyanide Studios, a prominent French video game developer, has acquired the Confrontation IP and has licensed the miniatures to Legacy Miniatures.

"We're incredibly pleased", said Vincent Fontaine Artistic Director of Legacy Miniatures and former Paint Director of Rackham Entertainment. "We're starting out slowly and doing about 2 to 4 releases a month, some miniatures that never saw production before Rackham closed its doors."

Working exclusively with CoolMiniOrNot, these "new" releases and re-releases of old favorites will first be avaliable at Gencon 2011 Indy, with the never before seen Hydra and the rare Flesh Golem making their debut. The plan currently is to produce limited runs, these incredibly hot miniatures will be sure to sell out fast!

"Obviously we're thrilled", said David Doust, co-founder of Cool Mini Or Not. "Although we handle beautiful miniatures every day, there is something special about Confrontation. We're looking forward to helping bring these miniatures back to life."

For further information, please contact info@legacyminiatures.com at Legacy Miniatures, or sales@coolminiornot.com at CoolMiniOrNot Inc.
My first thoughts were "great, there some really nice Confrontation figs I'd like to have".

My second thought was "Shit, how are Cyanide going to screw this one up!"

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Confrontation lives!

Post by graeme27uk »

What's the Hydra look like?

tzoscey
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tzoscey »

it sounds very nice

really good news

One Orc, Two Orc , Another injury
Shortarse
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Shortarse »

Darkson wrote:My first thoughts were "great, there some really nice Confrontation figs I'd like to have".

My second thought was "Shit, how are Cyanide going to screw this one up!"
The answer to number 2 is they can't screw it up worse than rackham did. Confrontation 3.5 was one of the best games and systems I've ever played and the figures were fantastic I had 5 factions and would have brought more but.... Then they went prepainted plastic and radically altered the rule set. They did not listen to their established fan base and paid the price the game and the company died. RIP Confrontation you are missed :cry: . Burn in H Rackham entertainment good riddance :pissed:

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Holey high hung hip hopping house hovering hogie hugging halfings! This is fantastic news! Bring on the chaos dwarf conversions and ninja goblins! If i wasn't de-hydrated I may have peed myself!

Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Ninja Goblins??? *almost craps himself with excitement*

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Yes buggrit, ninja frackin goblins!
Though this admitatdly will be less exciting when greebo get off their buns and start selling theirs.
Also, awesome fanatic= (huge image)
http://projectnitnit.files.wordpress.co ... wheels.jpg

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

From the discussions on Dakka it sounds as if this is more towards the collector market than towards the wargaming one. Also heard it will be resin

And that answers Darkson's question, on how Cyanide can screw this one up. We will get beta-resin, at full version prices. They will occasionally release small packs of green for us the fix their miscasts. :)

- Piousman

Buggrit

Post by Buggrit »

Looking at them ninja goblins I think I'll wait for Greebo to get his Nippon Gobbo's sorted out. (It's not like I'm in a rush!!)

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
B SIDE
Veteran
Veteran

Post by B SIDE »

Happy and sad.

Happy to get my hands on more confrontation figs.

Sad that my mid-nor chaos dwarf team will not be as unusual.

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito.