New GW Ur-Ghul = BB Ghoul?

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

New GW Ur-Ghul = BB Ghoul?

Post by axiom »

I've just seen this image:

I think it would make a cracking Undead/Necromantic Ghoul with a spiky shoulder pad and one or two other tweaks.

Reason: ''
http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: New GW Ur-Ghul = BB Ghoul?

Post by Digger Goreman »

axiom wrote:I've just seen this image

I think it would make a cracking Undead/Necromantic Ghoul with a spiky shoulder pad and one or two other tweaks.
Agreed, depending on price and quality....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Is see the ghoul, meh it looks like a heresy ghoul, I see the finecast logo, I stop giving a flying fig.
Even if it wasn't almost identical to a heresy ghoul and cast in pig waste I would still need more than one design.

Actually this is a bit mean to heresy ghouls, at least they don't have three eye holes and what I assume is the hip bone jutting out under the abs and over the crotch or whatever the firetruck is going on there . This one also has strange monkey like arms. Pooptacular.

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

I'm assuming it's another creature for the Beastmasters to boss around. It shares some features with the other stuff for them. I quite like it and could see it working for Blood Bowl, i suspect though if it's 1per blister then it'll be expensive. The Jokaero is currently £7.70 and it's a comparable size.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

That Dark Eldary themed Necro team idea I'm still punting around keeps getting better.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Its Finecast so the quality will be crap and it will cost about the same as your house (pre 2008)

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

The extra eye holes are probably miscast bubbles. :lol:

Still, saw it and thought Ghoul. But the pose is to... meh! Still, a nice hockey mask to finish it off, it may work.

Expect the price to be $15-$20. :puke:

- Piousman

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

inkpwn wrote:Actually this is a bit mean to heresy ghouls, at least they don't have three eye holes and what I assume is the hip bone jutting out under the abs and over the crotch or whatever the firetruck is going on there . This one also has strange monkey like arms. Pooptacular.
If it was meant to be a ghoul, I'd agree, but seeing as it's a warp-beast-type thing (or something) for Dark Eldar, and not meant to be human-looking, I disagree with everything you say. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
axiom

Post by axiom »

inkpwn wrote:Is see the ghoul, meh it looks like a heresy ghoul, I see the finecast logo, I stop giving a flying fig.
Even if it wasn't almost identical to a heresy ghoul and cast in pig waste I would still need more than one design.

Actually this is a bit mean to heresy ghouls, at least they don't have three eye holes and what I assume is the hip bone jutting out under the abs and over the crotch or whatever the firetruck is going on there . This one also has strange monkey like arms. Pooptacular.
Personally I quite like the BB aesthetic of having positionals in roughly the same pose with minor detailing differences. I very much like the Heresy ghouls, but I do also play at Warhammer World where they're cracking down on non-GW figures, and I need something to substitute the fat BB ghouls.

More than one design fix: I guess from the pics you get two different heads. Stick a pad on a right shoulder for one, and a pad on a left shoulder for the other!
Eye hole fix: Piousman already said it - hockey mask / visored helmet or similar
Hip bone / crotch fix: loincloth for painting team colours on
Monkey arm fix: I'm not a genius. I'll just have to assume that ghouls have monkey arms in the same way that halflings have ridiculously large hairy feet

Satisfied? :)

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

From Dakka, the Ur-Ghoul is going to be €12. That is $17.50 USD.

Yuck! Put another $8 and you could get a whole box of 10 Fantasy Ghouls. The mini is really not that awesome.

So I will pass.

- Piousman

axiom

Post by axiom »

That's a bit steep isn't it? I do wonder who's actually buying finecast - no-one I know has bought a figure to date. I'm now almost exclusively buying second-hand metal. My painting isn't good enough to warrant a finecast figure as advertised, and I don't want to be paying that much for a single figure.

dazlamb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dazlamb »

It's a bit to Sci-Fi and bit to serious scary looking for use in bloodbowl I prefer BB models to be a bit more comic and fun. It could make a cool looking model for a Blood Bowl in Space Edition. As for GW's having a laugh pricing policies, I prefer to make ebay richer and stay stuck in the 90's. I don't have any finecast models so has anybody tried converting with them? I was wondering if finecast material is better than white metal for drilling glueing too etc.?

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

UK price is £9.50 - way too expensive imo. It's a semi character model but that's still horrific, the rules for it aren't awesome either.

Finecast - Just bought a Finecast Cold One for use in Inquisitor and it's very very nice. The scales look very crisp, no miscasts or bubbles. I just hope my painting can do it justice. I also bought a metal Jokaero for use as an inquisitor scale monkey. It's a nice little metal model, still too expensive at £7 odds.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote:
inkpwn wrote:Actually this is a bit mean to heresy ghouls, at least they don't have three eye holes and what I assume is the hip bone jutting out under the abs and over the crotch or whatever the firetruck is going on there . This one also has strange monkey like arms. Pooptacular.
If it was meant to be a ghoul, I'd agree, but seeing as it's a warp-beast-type thing (or something) for Dark Eldar, and not meant to be human-looking, I disagree with everything you say. ;)
It is way too expensive for 1 skinny model, but fair play to GW for doing something a little different with their space ghoul.

The Heresy Ghouls are great sculpts but there isn’t a scrap of originality in them, in fact GW did their own metal ghouls that looked very similar (but not as good) to them before the weird plastic ones they have now.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

fine cast :puke: no thanks...

Rick Sanchez lives!