Making a Nurgle team

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Making a Nurgle team

Post by graeme27uk »

Do you think it would look too cheesy to use the Forgeworld Deathguard marines and/or Deathguard terminators as Nurgle Warriors?

Obviously they would need the backpack removed. They could be steam-punked Nurgle warriors, accounting for the tubing and such. Not entirely sure how to make them fantasy.

My first idea has gone out of the window due to the models I wanted no longer being in production (apparently Urban Mammoth is now discontinued...).

I could use the new Finecast Nurgle Lord from GW as a basis for Nurgle Warriors, though his pose and such is not that great and would be a pain to convert to make different...

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Making a Nurgle team

Post by spubbbba »

The new nurgle lord is plastic, but still a pain to convert as his belly has a big groove in it to make space for his axe.

You could use the forgeworld stuff but it's pretty expensive, maybe if you found some suitable armoured guys you could nurgle them up?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by graeme27uk »

spubbbba wrote:The new nurgle lord is plastic, but still a pain to convert as his belly has a big groove in it to make space for his axe.

You could use the forgeworld stuff but it's pretty expensive, maybe if you found some suitable armoured guys you could nurgle them up?

Yeh, hence why I am loathed to get the new Nurgle Lord. The concept is ok, but the model's pose doesn't do it any favours.

My vision of my Nurgle Warriors is that they are fat, bloated and chunky. I haven't found anything like that (the ones I did are discontinued). I have a new idea for a team though but unsure whether or not it would work.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

UM discontinued? Really? Their web page is still up, and Wayland has minis in stock. Is there an exact model that has been discontinued but that you wanted?

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by graeme27uk »

Steam Ball wrote:UM discontinued? Really? Their web page is still up, and Wayland has minis in stock. Is there an exact model that has been discontinued but that you wanted?
It was Wayland I ordered from... and it was them that said that the models were discontinued. I was after the Sumotori box set, or just the four different sumotori....

Their webpage is still up and I looked on there but didn't find the box set... plus they are far more expensive!

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Wayland list blisters (one as Sumo Bodygruad, other two as Sumatori :-? ) with "no stock but order now" label... if discontinued, they should remove them, that looks like "the maker will send us more" not "we are getting rid of it".

Under Triads you can find a box with 6 (4 different models), but you are right, more expensive (30 vs 8+8+5+6=27 in blisters).

Oh well... you should hunt around a bit, maybe you can find a shop with some stock left. Scotiagrendel has the box for 20, and the blisters, for example, so maybe worth a try.

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I think the forgeworld nurgle ogres and trolls would make cool warriors, though it would be expensive.

ImageImage
graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by graeme27uk »

Xtreme wrote:I think the forgeworld nurgle ogres and trolls would make cool warriors, though it would be expensive.
WOuld they not be too big?