New GW vampire counts looking mint!

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

New GW vampire counts looking mint!

Post by inkpwn »

Reason: ''
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: New GW vampire counts looking mint!

Post by Steam Ball »

The ghouls' bases look bigger than 25mm... if you know what I mean...

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

some are nice .. some are simply butt-ugly (that flying coach for example)

El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

I know I won't make many friends by saying this, and regardless of their pricing policy or attitude towards tho BB-community, ... but IMHO GW keeps setting standards when it comes to miniature-making.

Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
--*--Founder League of Rodents--*--
--*--Commissioner BBBF Online League--*--
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Steam Ball wrote:The ghouls' bases look bigger than 25mm... if you know what I mean...
Yep, they are on 40mm bases so are monster size. That does mean they will cost something like £30 odd quid for all 3 though. :(

I could see them being the basis for some pretty cool Flesh Golem models and they are a dual kit so the hairier bits on the bat versions could be used for Necro/Norse werewolves or a yheti. I think with a headswap and little greenstuff the giant ghouls could work as a more skinny troll, maybe of a chaos variety as they’d resemble the metal chaos troll GW do.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

El Hombre wrote:I know I won't make many friends by saying this, and regardless of their pricing policy or attitude towards tho BB-community, ... but IMHO GW keeps setting standards when it comes to miniature-making.
I agree .. in a way .. they stole quite a few ideas from confrontation though, not to mention sculptors

El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

Dave wrote:
El Hombre wrote:I know I won't make many friends by saying this, and regardless of their pricing policy or attitude towards tho BB-community, ... but IMHO GW keeps setting standards when it comes to miniature-making.
I agree .. in a way .. they stole quite a few ideas from confrontation though, not to mention sculptors
Try to find a competitive compagny that doesn't try to take talent from other -rival- compagnies in any other sector? Those headhunters make money out there....

I mean, even when speaking on pricing or community policy, it's commonplace to bash Grandma, but the way she's acting is just the way any big compagny/marketleader in any sector is behaving. Not very funny for us BB-players still.

Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
--*--Founder League of Rodents--*--
--*--Commissioner BBBF Online League--*--
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

El Hombre wrote:
Dave wrote:
Try to find a competitive compagny that doesn't try to take talent from other -rival- compagnies in any other sector? Those headhunters make money out there....

I mean, even when speaking on pricing or community policy, it's commonplace to bash Grandma, but the way she's acting is just the way any big compagny/marketleader in any sector is behaving. Not very funny for us BB-players still.
Couldn't agree more with everything said in these three posts right here

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Dave wrote:some are nice .. some are simply butt-ugly (that flying coach for example)
I quite like the coach :oops: :D

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Valen wrote:
Dave wrote:some are nice .. some are simply butt-ugly (that flying coach for example)
I quite like the coach :oops: :D
Wholeheartedly agree, it looks epic.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

But I don't think the coach would go prone easily :o

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

sann0638 wrote:But I don't think the coach would go prone easily :o
:lol:

he will when on a 30mm base

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

No, I think you are correct. The new range of Dark Eldar, Necrons, Tomb Kings, Ogres and Vampire Counts have had some outstanding sculpts.

Disliking the behaviour of the company and the prices they charge doesn’t stop you appreciating the quality of the models they produce.

I really hope that the rumours about a new BB boxed set with plastic teams are true as the models would be fantastic if it was the same sculptors as the other plastic kits (not the Minos and Razogors though please). The rumour I heard was 4 teams but made of individual players, so they may be 11-16 unique mono-pose players kind of like you got with the Space Hulk Terminators.

For me the ideal result would be 4 multipart teams covering an array of body types so we could combine them with other models to convert the other 20 teams. If they were clever they could make it easy to kitbash Wood, Dark and High Elves from a plastic BB Pro Elf team and their fantasy plastic kits.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Kuosa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kuosa »

I recently started playing WHFB and collecting vampires so I am really happy with the new minis.

The coach/throne I really dislike, too huge and busy and cartoony for my tastes.

But the first thing I though after seeing the big ghouls was a BB conversion, so many possibilities!

mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by mattwhile »

spubbbba wrote:Disliking the behaviour of the company and the prices they charge doesn’t stop you appreciating the quality of the models they produce.
Totally agree. I also quite like the coach/throne thing.