Kobolds (Super Dungeon Explore)

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Kobolds (Super Dungeon Explore)

Post by odinsgrandson »

Ok, I've started painting up Kobolds from my Super Dungeon set. Here are the first three of them to be finished.

One note here- I'm intentionally painting all of the kobolds differently for a couple reasons. First, my wife wants to paint a bunch as well, and we don't want to worry about them matching. Also, both of us were feeling a little sick of painting units, so painting them each as individuals should help them look terrific. We're going to try and make them match in style, but no two kobolds are going to be colored the same:

Reason: ''
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Re: Kobolds (Super Dungeon Explore)

Post by bound for glory »

your painting is very good. but kobolds are suposed to be dog like. never knew them to be reptiles...

Rick Sanchez lives!
fitch-face
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fitch-face »

I like the painting style! Really suits the miniatures and looks great. Look forward to seeing more of the set!
bound for glory wrote:but kobolds are suposed to be dog like. never knew them to be reptiles...
Only because of D&D! Before D&D kobold was just another word for goblin and before I got into gaming I always pictured them like little Labyrinth goblins. And GW's idea of a kobold is a goblin that can spit fire, apparently :o

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Well, D&D has them pegged as dragon-kin creatures, so they'd have to be somewhat reptilian looking.

But, yeah. If you go to the roots of these words, there wasn't a difference between a Goblin and a Demon.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

well, i started playing D&D in late 1977, and they were discribed and pictured as dog-like. if you look at the first monster manual, they are clearly dog like.
i'm not making a negative comment, just sayin'...

Rick Sanchez lives!