Ice hockey miniatures

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ice hockey miniatures

Post by WhatBall »

They look great. Nice job Impact! folks.

My only niggle with them, being from the land of hockey, is the way they hold their sticks. From what I can make out of all 3 players (goalie excluded) is that they are 'choked up' on the stick. The hand should be right at the butt of the stick against the tape. On the two end guys I can clearly see a chunk of extra stick out the back. The second from left has too much space too, but because of the stick position it doesn't look as bad.

Hopefully you can move the stick a bit?

Like I said, great job, just being picky.

Reason: ''
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

WhatBall wrote: Like I said, great job, just being picky.
Another thing. What's up with all the skaters being righties?
I do however shoot right myself so i guess i can imagine them all being modeled after me. :P

Goldbaek is my hero
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

theghr wrote:
WhatBall wrote: Like I said, great job, just being picky.
Another thing. What's up with all the skaters being righties?
I do however shoot right myself so i guess i can imagine them all being modeled after me. :P
You're right!
As left hand shooter (and batter), but actually a righty, I am disappointed. :pissed: :lol:
A leftie defence and winger would be great, would finish out the 5 man line very well.

If I'm being super-picky, the goalie looks old-school, but I like that look better than the over-padded goalies of today. Very Gery Cheevers with the posture (stick and glove and crouch). With a quick bit of modding you could stand him up more (Dryden) or crouch him real low (Vachon).

One of my favourite hockey cards ever:

mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Thanks for the feedback. I plan to put these on Kickstarter once I have painted images and know the costs. I definitely hear you on the righties...but with limited funds and not knowing if they would sell, I had to make some concessions. I really wish I could do one lefty winger and defenseman. On the goalie, definitely old-school. If these go over well on Kickstarter, the stretch goals will be more minis (lefties and modern goalie).

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
What is your excuse for not trying Elfball? - http://www.elfball.org
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

I will definitely grab these if they go up on Kickstarter. I'd be really interested in a game for them too.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

Maybe make a defender who is a little larger like 6 foot 4 240 pounds and a power forward at 6 foot 2 and 225 pounds? There could very well be a Theoren Fleury type forward too at his 5 foot 6. Just some different type of body sizes is my dream for the perfect hockey game and they could have different characteristics.

I think there could be a Dominik Hasek head as an option. This bad boy wore an odd manufacturers helmet with junior grills.

Also, Michel Dion sticks out for me as a Penguin-fan with his beak.

I love this. I probably would make my own rink for this game. :P

Goldbaek is my hero
mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

This...

Defensemen is 31mm, or roughly 6'4" on skates. I'd really like to expand the line but it depends on how the Kickstarter goes. If they sell...there will be more. If not, well... :evil:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

mrinprophet wrote:Image

This...
Yeah, the heads are not that important to me, but that one is great. :)

Denis Lemieux from Slap Shot:

Goldbaek is my hero
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

Another idea. I would love if the backers could get a player which only goes into backers teams. Maybe that could get more to pay up too? A special one. Maybe Zdeno Chara or Theo Fleury? :)

Goldbaek is my hero
mrinprophet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mrinprophet »

Multiple angle shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

theghr wrote:Another idea. I would love if the backers could get a player which only goes into backers teams. Maybe that could get more to pay up too? A special one. Maybe Zdeno Chara or Theo Fleury? :)
The cost for this is amazingly high. You'd have to add about $1000 to the amount you'd need for the KickStarter to have a limited edition figure as part of fundraising ... and all that $1000 would do would be to pay for the figure to be made (ie it would do nothing to help you actually fund have the original project made).

Just throwing this out so the math behind this is understood.

Tom

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

mrinprophet wrote:Multiple angle shot.
Thanks. This emphasizes the problem with the left hand of the two shooting players. They need to be at butt end of the stick. The hands are far too close together. Hate to be picky, but it really wrecks the look of what are otherwise awesome models. They just don't look right like that so I hope there would be some way to adjust them.

For the first one (from left to right) I think that moving the stick so the butt end is at the back hand and more of the stick protrudes from the front would be enough to fix it.

For the second one (shooting) I think you need to cut the model at the elbow and angle the lower part of the left arm back so it is at the end of the stick, leaving the front arm where it is and the same amount of stick protruding at the front.

Hope that is clear and not too picky.

Edit: changed right hand to left hand. Damn rightie shooters. I got it backwards because I shoot left.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

theghr wrote:Also, Michel Dion sticks out for me as a Penguin-fan with his beak.

I love this. I probably would make my own rink for this game. :P
Ah memories. :D Had forgotten about that one, great mask.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Back in the mists of time, didn't John Lewis put together at least draught rules for a hockey game? Or is my mind playing tricks?

Edit: Cross Check! :)
http://www.midgardbb.com/Variants/Cross ... Intro.html

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

I'm thinking of ways to promote this. I think it's possible that hockey card nerds could dig this idea since half of us have Aspergers anyway :P. They have forums where the Kickstarter campaign can be posted and i know they have deep pockets for their hobby. In some cases probably putting a thousand dollars a month into cardstock.

For player types, the way i see it we allready have a Steven Stamkos/Brett Hull one, a forechecking or two-way one and a regular two-way defenceman. For possible future models i think there could be a playmaking defenceman(Modelled perhaps after Brian Leetch or Sergei Zubov), a rushing defenceman(Bobby Orr or Paul Coffey), a hip checking defenceman(Niklas Kronwall or Scott Stevens), a playmaking forward (Adam Oates, Wayne Gretzky) and perhaps a dynamic center like Crosby or Mario Lemieux. We'll see where Kickstarter gets us.

Goldbaek is my hero