Athletic Supporters: What do you use?

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Athletic Supporters: What do you use?

Post by Digger Goreman »

As I'm pretty much set on the minis for my Three-Undead-Teams-in-a-bag, I look toward the "athletic supporters" they will need... i.e, the minis for inducements, markers and all manner of what-not that I can fit in and use....

Soooooooo, what do the rest of you use?! Would love to see what ya'll bring to the field to cheer your team on and boost them to victory!

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Re: Athletic Supporters: What do you use?

Post by burgun824 »

I promise you. You do not want to see a picture of my athletic supporter. Besides, I don't have a wide angle lense to shoot it with. :lol:

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Nearly everything is on the "to paint" list, but here are the selections:

"Bloodweiser Babes"
I've gone so totally round and round with this choice.... thought about zombifying a couple of beer babes from reaper and/or impact... malifaux "rotten belles"... a potion and staff wielding pain giver female and/or spike helmeted whip-bearing b's from Dark Ages.... What finally won out is my capricious nature and darkly humorous opinion of what would revive a knocked out Necro player.... So, Malifaux's Slop Haulers win the job!

Hot Pot
Speaking of "slop", this was another tough choice.... At one time I actually had a greedy w'nkers "hot pot crew" but happily passed it on (too many parts and takes up too much space!).... I had high hopes for a Gaspez Arts football shaped grill, but it is a multi-piece affair that I'm just not going to put together.... Also high on the list is an unknown/forgotten manufacturer of an oven-mitted, baster-wielding goblin who is being man-handled by a tentacle rising out of the pot that he is supposedly cooking his meal in! Still a little big for the limited space in my bag... though an awesome mini.... For size/space, and overall "impact", I went with Impact miniatures Halfling Hot Dog Vendor :orc:

Cheerleaders
Several good choices and then some.... Could've repainted a pair I bought second-hand that consist of a haggard looking amazon cheerleader and a diagonally kit-bashed 'zon bottom and skellie top figure.... Bought three zombie cheerleaders from an apocalyptic setting but never got around to painting till I decided that I'd rather go with a couple of the original gw Undead Cheerleaders.... I mean, cool beans... she even has a couple of heads as pom-poms with the added happiness that one is a ^$^%$ elf.... :smoking:
ImageImage

Should I ever put together a team with SIX cheerleaders, I also have a zombie cheerleader pyramid waiting in the wings....

Coach/Assistant Coach
Been around the block several times with this choice too! There is no lack of good miniatures out there to represent Necromancers.... At one time it was a MtG Zombie Master for me (still love that mini!) but I always wanted to reproduce an undead Uncle Sam ala: ImageImage
So I zombified a reaper uncle sam! Pics to come and I'm quite pleased with him.... :D I will eventually paint up a gw Frank as a player/assistant coach.... I so totally miss the rules for Arguing the Call! (Actually gave us a real use for our coach minis)....

Bribe Counter
Just about anything could be used... but I went with a gw human ref that I had painted long ago with a football and decapitated Boris head at his feet... guaranteed results!

Wizard
An infinity of possibilities from the Gandalf-ish "Merc Wizard" of gw that I just recently put back in the minis drawer to a chaos wizard shooting flames out of his staff! But the biggest, baddest undead mofo in my book (next to the mini-less Richard of Looking for Group) is AEG's Yogo Junzo! This dude is like 90 billion shades of bad-a$$ and doesn't look that oriental (as if that matters).... He even has flames rising high out of a scroll!!! Hopefully I can do a better paint job than this.... :-?
ImageImage

Counters
Nothing too spectacular as I went light and minimalist using gw zombie pack tombstones and placing a BB ball on one for a score counter; a small zombie girl from some unknown manufacturer for a turn counter (painted her to look like a cheerleader with pom-poms); and another with a skeleton rising from the ground for rerolls.... I'll do the fourth as a catch-all/leader reroll counter after I paint the Malifaux Zombie Chihuahua to go on it.... :orc:

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

burgun824 wrote:I promise you. You do not want to see a picture of my athletic supporter. Besides, I don't have a wide angle lense to shoot it with. :lol:
They put wide angle lenses on microscopes?!!! (Ba-DA... bump!) :P

ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

Well, here i go....

Nearly all of them are yet in the paint queue... but i will show you here, with much better works than i will ever achieve

Coach.- Has to be him... the Master Necromancer... sophisticated and evil... Mr. Nicodem

Bloodweiser Babe.-
What can wake zombies up from their torpor? I was planning to use an Impact babe, but i guess it's hard to drink beer once your throat is rotten.... so i thought maybe the Devil's Violin would summon them. So i selected that Zenit Lady Cynthia... plan to paint her darker than in this pic

Bribe Counter.- Just a plain Mordheim chest

Wizard.- If i ever get so far as to use one, i have this lovely guy from Rackham Confrontation: The Gravedigger of Salauel

Counters.- Well, i have the usual grave marker for turns, and a GW banshee for RR (her sweet howlings making the necros make new efforts)

I have no minis for chef, cheerleaders, or anything else... yet.

Disclaimer.- None of the shown miniatures is painted by me. Just showing the pics so they have a proper paint job, instead of my disastrous one.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

ulvardar wrote:Well, here i go....

Nearly all of them are yet in the paint queue...

Bloodweiser Babe.-What can wake zombies up from their torpor? I was planning to use an Impact babe, but i guess it's hard to drink beer once your throat is rotten.... so i thought maybe the Devil's Violin would summon them. So i selected that Zenit Lady Cynthia... plan to paint her darker than in this pic

Absolutely fantastic! I guess "Devil went down to Georgia" has to be on the team's playlist.... :evil: :D