New GW Warrior of Chaos pics leaked

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

ChenZhen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: New GW Warrior of Chaos pics leaked

Post by ChenZhen »

spubbbba wrote:Probably the biggest rival is Privateer Press, I've heard they are giving GW a run for their money in the states.
My group of friends has just started getting into Warmachine and hordes. From a quick read through, I'm really excited to try it out. They seem like a company that "gets" gamers. One of the articles that they put out was about how to make and cast your own scenic bases. I think the last time I saw this from GW was when they showed how to make a land speeder out of a deodorant stick!

I really hope that PP keeps going strong. I really like the minis, and they seem like decent folk. :orc:

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

ChenZhen wrote:...
I really hope that PP keeps going strong. I really like the minis, and they seem like decent folk. :orc:
PLAY LIKE YOU'VE GOT A PAIR!... of dice!
Yeah, PP are great, best all over model range around for consistent and dynamic looking forces. I had a Skorne army but Skorne are the sort of 'pile bonuses and skills onto the right unit and the right time for devastating effect' style of play that doesn't suit me, hope to build a Trollblood force over time.
The systems great and the skilled players can really keep it away from the 'kill the caster as quick as possible' style of play. Highly recommended, especially to those new to war gaming because it's not as rule book heavy and wallet destroying as Warhams.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just stopped playing Warmachine as I just can't get a handle on it. The skill/spell combos that others take for granted (and use on me to devestating effect) just seem to pass me by.
Last straw was getting beaten in a 15pt game by Infantry alone - just really didn't feel in the game.

It's a shame, as I love the fluff, the models and the clarity of the rules. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

15 points? That like having a three man Blood Bowl team, you're definitely not getting the full experience.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Re-learning to play (been about 9 months since we last played it). We went up to 35pts - still couldn't get it. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

Don't feel bad Darkson. I've got a 200pt Cryx army, and I've played in multiple tourneys and I still get my a$$ handed to me by newbs who are just better at Min/Maxing than I am. The game truly is about "pulling out your big nasty" before your opponent does, and I unfortunately just don't have the ability to see the uber nasty combos that others do.

but I do still enjoy playing multiplayer games with my friends, and throwing Terminus at them with his horde of infantry, and a Death Jack. Yay for beatsticks!

"Never trust the Manlings."
the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

Unfortunately the gaming group I was playing along with stopped playing Warmachine/Hordes when MK2 came around.

I have a lot of Cryx and some mercs, a remnant of Khador and some Skorne.

Never picked up the MK2 faction decks though, so I don´t know how many points. Still, I hold on to the miniatures in the hope a gaming group will show up again.

I consider the rules balanced enough to make it a game that will last and I liked the rules better then Warhammer/40k who changed the rules 4 times over the few years I played their game. Needing new units and miniatures as well as core rule books and codices every time around.

Back to the kit at hand, those new Chaos contraptions are about as ugly as the static plastic kits released for 5th (or was it 6th) edition Chaos. I won´t spend my money there. The AoW kit on the other hand looks very promising.

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem