New GW Warrior of Chaos pics leaked

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Blurry pics of the new Warriors of Chaos models have appeared on various sites.

It's hard to pass judgement considering the quality of the pics but looks to be a bit of a mixed bag. The characters look nice but the chariots and Forsaken are a bit off.

I am always looking for Bloodbowl conversion possibilities with new stuff and 2 things immediately piqued my interest. Trogg, which is my favourite model is asking to be made into a truly impressive Ripper Bolgrot, either that or a head coach for a goblin team. I think the Dragon Ogre top halves would be ideal for an ogre team as they are more traditionally ogre looking. I'd just need to find suitable legs, though they may be a little large for BB.

Of course it being GW the big fly in the ointment is the price. Rumours have the Dragon ogres at £35 and Trogg as £36!! :pissed:

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Re: New GW Warrior of Chaos pics leaked

Post by Shteve0 »

Oh, wow. The Forsaken are now up on the website - you have to go back some time to the last time GW released a plastic kit that looks this static.

They're expressionless. I'm genuinely stunned at how bad this kit looks.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

New GW Warriors of Chaos

Post by nonumber »

*sigh*

As if on cue as my Chaos BB team reaches completion, GW releases new plastic kits for Warriors of Chaos, and some of them are tasty. The plastic "Forsaken" boxed set looks absolutely ideal for Chaos/Nurgle Warriors with a whole range of mutations to use. The new Dragon Ogres also look decent but probably too big for practicle BB use.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... od1870060a

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Re: New GW Warriors of Chaos

Post by robsoma »

Yeah was looking at these last night, may pick a.box up but feel most of the.mutations are a little to busy for my liking.

Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Yeah some of them are over the top. But I'm sure I could get four nice looking Warriors out of that kit. Especially if I was doing a Nurgle team. But no. I must resist.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Shteve0 wrote: They're expressionless. I'm genuinely stunned at how bad this kit looks.
Yeah they are pretty awful and £30 for 10! :pissed:

There are some arms, loin cloths and shoulder pads that have potential. So I may see if I can get some of those from bits services.

I am alone in thinking this guy could work as a kroxigor?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Just backed the Willy Miniatures chaos team, and had planned to try and do some magnetic arm and head options, so this is timely.

And I was pondering a Nurgle team made from assorted plastics, so again, timely.

But what does my fruit about GW is how the armies, over time, undergo a gradual change in aesthetic, and the majority of existing kits look out of place alongside the new, and indeed those Foresaken make for a stupidly busy looking unit that might look okay beside the knights, but that make the standard warriors and marauders look like they're tacked on to an army.

Dragon Ogres are exceptional, and long, long overdue. I love Dragon Ogres.
But again, they as congruous beside the Shagoth as green wellies or rigger boots in an expensive high fashion ladies shoe shop.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

This guy? Should be available from an ebay bitz supplier on its own at some point, I'm sure.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Stiff emotionless bodies and faces with other exaggerated mutations? Bizarre and undesirable, especially if I was an actual Warhammer player because they would stick out like a sore thumb next to the older units, and not a delicately manicured thumb, a gross, diseased zombie thumb.
Useful as a mutation sprue for other minis but even as frivolous as I have been with money and miniatures in the past I wouldn't spend £30 on a sprue.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I like the Forsaken, but not at £30. I hate the "regimented" mutation look - they're meant to be random.
The Dragonogres suck, much like every version GW have released.

From the ones I saw on the website, imo GW are going downhill in terms of sculptinformation, as I find there's less and less of their stuff i like.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

True dat. I think the last kit I thought "NEED!" about was the Island of Blood rat ogres. Since that time, Mantic and Avatars of War have put out kits I've jumped at, and it's already clear I'm unlikely to spend a buck on minis this year that doesn't go straight towards Impact's plastic/resin stuff.

I mean, look at AoW's recent offering. For approx £30 you get "the pieces to assemble 17 multipart WarCast plastic miniatures equiped with great weapon (14 troopers plus musician; leader and standard bearer). Contains also 17 25mm plastic square base." Compare and contrast this to the new GW figures (£30 for 10).:

No contest.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

This will either get GW to adapt their pricing policy or kill them dead. For years they have been the monopoly supplier of "Stupid fantasy and space figures" and so drove the market. Mantic bring out a "Flames of War 39,998" with big armoured human genetically modified Space Legions, etc and we could see some fun. I think that a Mantic FOW 39998 would have GW crap their pants.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Heff wrote:This will either get GW to adapt their pricing policy or kill them dead.
I'd love to agree, but I doubt it will. There are still plenty of gamers that will only buy GW, and both Mantic and AoW have been about for a while, and yet GW have posted their best figures in years.
Nope, think it will be the same old same old from Granny. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Heff wrote:This will either get GW to adapt their pricing policy or kill them dead. For years they have been the monopoly supplier of "Stupid fantasy and space figures" and so drove the market. Mantic bring out a "Flames of War 39,998" with big armoured human genetically modified Space Legions, etc and we could see some fun. I think that a Mantic FOW 39998 would have GW crap their pants.
I can't see GW changing until it starts to impact on their profits. The simple truth is that as long as enough people keep buying at those prices then they don't need to change. Whilst there is a price point where this no longer becomes viable it doesn't mean GW will go bust. They can just not raise or even lower prices, of course if they've lost too many customers at that stage then that could be trouble.

Mantic already have Warpath which blatantly rips of 40K. The models are much cheaper but look it, they mostly seem to have ripped of GW's style from 20 years ago. AoW are still pretty small as well.

Probably the biggest rival is Privateer Press, I've heard they are giving GW a run for their money in the states.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Actually couldn't care less what they charge for these, I don't want them whatever the price ;)