Blue Fairy with a little starscape

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Blue Fairy with a little starscape

Post by odinsgrandson »

Well, here is another re-paint of a fairy sculpture, also a commission. Since the last one was done up in such warm, almost autumnal colors, I went with a very different feel here. Also, I wanted to get as far from the original color scheme as I could.

This time I had the foresight to measure her height before I mailed her out and she is a little under 150mm scale- yes, that's very big for a mini. I find there are some advantages to having larger minis to work with, but getting smooth blends takes forever this way.

As far as uses go, she's just about the right size to be a Lunar Knight or Wild Queen for Fairy Meat.

I've posted her on Cool Mini for anyone who cares to vote.

Reason: ''
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: Space Fairy

Post by nazgob »

Excellent work. The blending looks great, despite your misgivings and the dress looks just superb. I love the orb.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Very nicely done, but the title left me disappointed. I was expecting to see a pink-coloured power armoured space marine skipping along holding a bunch of daisies. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Fabulous work! At some point I may have to dig out my Ephrael Stern model and ask about a commish!

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Darkson wrote:Very nicely done, but the title left me disappointed. I was expecting to see a pink-coloured power armoured space marine skipping along holding a bunch of daisies. ;)

You are so right. What a misleading title.

Edit: I've edited the title. For new viewers that don't get what Darkson is talking about, I called her a "Space Fairy" originally.