Calling all Necromunda players - Deadzone Kickstarter

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Calling all Necromunda players - Deadzone Kickstarter

Post by Darkson »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/174 ... board-game

Worth keeping an eye on, if only for the scenary. Having just started a Necro campaign here, I know you can never have enough decent multi-level sci-fi scenary.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Calling all Necromunda players

Post by Chris »

I wonder what the price will be compared to the pre coloured laser cut stuff that is showing up now.

Still will look sci fi rather than 40k, so a consideration if you like the look of Necro.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

What precoloured stuff for scifi? I know the uncolored ones, mostly MDF and some plywood. Coloured ones I have seen are for WW2 and Dark Ages.

About look and if the photos are mockups and 3d renders of the final plastic parts, well, just add some rivets, skulls and eagles, then paint all dark brown and cover with lots of rust effects. ;)

ChenZhen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by ChenZhen »

Necromunda was my first wargame, and remains my favorite table top game.

Thanks for the heads up on this!

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

Would be cool if they did a pledge to get the scenery without the game... not sure I can be bothered with another Mantic GW rip-off but the scenery looks pretty sweet.

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

Necromunda with space marines! I'll keep my eyes on this one. I loved necromunda but not many want to play it anymore :(

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

GW ripoff? Hahahahaha. The game is played in a 8x8 grid. Scifi but more like Rivet Wars or the Dust boardgame.

And while at it, maybe the walkways part of another KS would be more fitting for Necromunda. The other part, corridors, would be great for any scifi game with fights inside ships or bases.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Steam Ball wrote:What precoloured stuff for scifi? I know the uncolored ones, mostly MDF and some plywood. Coloured ones I have seen are for WW2 and Dark Ages.

About look and if the photos are mockups and 3d renders of the final plastic parts, well, just add some rivets, skulls and eagles, then paint all dark brown and cover with lots of rust effects. ;)
Well, I saw it out salute :)

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Calling all Necromunda players - Deadzone Kickstarter

Post by Steam Ball »

Are you sure it wasn't just painted by someone? So far, all Salute "reports" I have seen got nothing about prepaint, just plenty of finished products. If there was such new product line, some forums would be all over them by now. Or maybe this internuts thing is becoming slow at spreading info. ;)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Nope, Chris is right, I saw the same pre-coloured Laser Cut stuff, they also had some really nice Dark Age/Fanatasy stuff (huge Feasting Hall type thing), but damned if I can remember the name of the company. I've got their flyer somewhere - have to see if I can dig it out.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Thanks.

Viking hall by 4Ground? Nothing scifi so far in their pages or news. :-?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hmm, maybe I'm confusing their stand with someone else (so much to see!!!), but I know I saw some sci-fi pre cut stuff that we were told was pre-painted.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Steam Ball wrote:And while at it, maybe the walkways part of another KS would be more fitting for Necromunda. The other part, corridors, would be great for any scifi game with fights inside ships or bases.
Been looking at that one as well, but someone needs to explain to him how to run a successful KS - 50 different Pledges, and it has more of a feel of a pre-order than a KS. In the end, gave up trying to work through it, and will get some (eventually) from the site.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I too can't remember the name. However I guess calling it painted is a bit of a stretch in retrospect, I think it was described to me as a wash or stain more than anything else. Very simple but worked well with the material. But you could see on some pieces the burn marks from the laser. I wouldn't bother to touch up, but I could see how it would benefit. More than that if I had laser cut stuff lying about I would try a few stains/washing on test pieces to try and copy them. It was best done on the partially ruined 20th century houses where it was simply fantastic by 4Ground.

Concur on that kickstarter I was at first yes, then gave up after 15 minutes of staring at options and not knowing what I can actually make for the stuff. Where is the space hulk option eh?