Gorgeous new plastic Dark Elves from GW

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Gorgeous new plastic Dark Elves from GW

Post by spubbbba »

Pics have been leaked of the new Dark Elves models that GW will be releasing very soon.

linky

There are some really great looking models in there and the witches have so much potential for awesome dynamic female bloodbowl conversions. Some of them are already in poses suitable for catchers or blitzers and I could certainly see them making the basis for a great elven, amazon or human team. You even get masks with them too. The warriors are a little bland but would provide useful heads, torsos and potentially arms for linemen.

Shadowblade would make a great Horkon Heartripper and the cauldron of blood has some fancier looking witches that could be Roxanna. Apparently there is more to come next month.

Of course this being GW this all comes at a price, they are rumoured to be as follows.

Dreadspears(Warriors?) £20
Shadowblade £12
Witch Elves £35
Cauldron of Blood £45
Kharibdyss £40

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Dave
Info Ed

Re: Gorgeous new plastic Dark Elves from GW

Post by Dave »

some of those look really nice indeed .. those Witch Elves have real BB potential, and those special Witch Elf thingies even more ..

velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

New GW plastic witch elves

Post by velvet mark »

Edit:- Thanks for moving mod - didnt see this thread :oops: :D
At £35 for 10 plastic minis they are not cheap (compared to the 10 man DE Corsair £15.50 box set) but I see bags of BB potential with them.

The hydra and spearmen is quite nice too.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: New GW plastic witch elves

Post by spubbbba »

velvet mark wrote: At £35 for 10 plastic minis they are not cheap (compared to the 10 man DE Corsair £15.50 box set) but I see bags of BB potential with them.
Yeah, it seems that GW have kept to their promise of not raising prices this year but are instead making new stuff really expensive. The witches are fantastic but I'm a little disappointed there are only 5 individual bodies, even in a unit of 10 the duplicates really stand out so imagine what a unit of 30 would look like, not to mention being £105.

The cauldron comes with 4 witches so it may actually be cheaper to buy that and sell the other stuff if you just wanted 2 for a DE team. I can see a lot of eldar armies using the statue as an avatar. The medusa will be popular too, sadly she's a bit large for BB unless the tail can be cut down a bit. But she might work as a Krox or even an unique beast of nurgle.

Let's hope that the other rumours about a 2nd wave next month are true and we get some nice plastic executioners and black guard.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Gorgeous new plastic Dark Elves from GW

Post by spubbbba »

Oh and just seen pics of the 2nd wave on warseer.

Anuvva linky

The Doomfire Warlocks would make some nice runners with the normal Darkrider working as normal assassins. The Black Guard / Executioners have perfect heads and shoulder pads for Blitzers, but it does look like they are lumbered with cloaks.

The chariot crew might have some possibility too, but they might have cloaks also. The characters are the worst looking models of the release IMO and dont' have much BB potential.