Aniversary box

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Aniversary box

Post by Steam Ball »

As posted in another thread, there is an anniversary box announcement that will make some of you very happy.

No, not BB. :orc: But some kind of Heroquest remake. Not by GW, MB or avaliable for international distribution. But it should be avaliable in multiple languages and from Spanish shops, so everyone should be able to get it. Probably the local rights expired and Gamezone sneaked in. For more info, check http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 52708.page

Reason: ''
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Re: Aniversary box

Post by burgun824 »

Troll. :wink:

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

I wonder how those rights got into the hands of Game Zone.

Can I expect that this will never go out of print again? I would think it would be a winner in their line.

Of course, I'm not sure that I'd prefer it to grabbing the Impact Chibis to play heroquest... I'll have to have a look when it comes out.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Maybe the trademark registration expired? No idea, really.

txapo mentioned that in Spain, "rules" have a different law coverage. That could help with making it a heir to the original HQ, instead of just a tabletop game with a famous name.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

odinsgrandson wrote:Of course, I'm not sure that I'd prefer it to grabbing the Impact Chibis to play heroquest.
We'll have a Questing Hero Pack for our chibi in our store for a good price in about 2 weeks.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
elmarcello
Experienced
Experienced

Post by elmarcello »

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Interesting...

I'd expect the core game to be somehow cheaper since they'll be making loads of them, and most games of similar 'range' (Descent and others), cost around that much in the stores (without the hassle of waiting and 'hoping' for good quality of components).
+It's a pity the stretch goals are only for the more expensive pack.
:-?

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

elmarcello wrote:Heroquest kickstarter!!!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/211 ... y?ref=live
Think Granny may have lawyered up

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Granny can say shit. They made the miniatures for MB. It was a colaboration, HQ and AHQ, and in the end, they had to do Warhammer Quest alone.

The issue seems to be with the current owner of the registered trade mark in USA.

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

Flipping heck, was toying with the idea of going for this kickstarter out of nostalgia. Seems someone else made the call for me. :(

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Steam Ball wrote:Granny can say shit. They made the miniatures for MB. It was a colaboration, HQ and AHQ, and in the end, they had to do Warhammer Quest alone.

The issue seems to be with the current owner of the registered trade mark in USA.
Was wondering when this would come off the rails. The process followed to effectively get around IP laws did seem a little dodgy (to say the least...)

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

What a mess. Moondog own rights to the "Heroquest" name for an RPG (and are "planning" a board game - no doubt since they saw the million+ pledges), Hasbro own other rights elsewhere and GW claim to still own some rights.

Seems the KS is dead, but the crowdsourcing is moving to Verkami today or tomorrow. http://www.heroquestclassic.com/update- ... situation/

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Darkson wrote:What a mess. Moondog own rights to the "Heroquest" name for an RPG (and are "planning" a board game - no doubt since they saw the million+ pledges), Hasbro own other rights elsewhere and GW claim to still own some rights.
And the trademark for board games is in process (Moon has it for a different market, as you said), but not clear if a lone rider or in behalf of the current suspects.