Red Box Games Baddass Viking Kickstarter - Ends January 27th

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Red Box Games Baddass Viking Kickstarter - Ends January 27th

Post by Brage97 »

Hi!

I thought these could be worthy of a look:
Kickstarter here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/110 ... miniatures

They are skinnier than regular Warhammer and 40K miniatures, but will look at home next to GW's Lord of the Rings minis.
(But honestly; after finding these; I don't care for GW-minis anymore (Except of course Blood Bowl :D

To people who followed the first Red Box Games kickstarter;
Ok, it ended up as quite a mess. They overcomitted, gave away too many freebies and came up with too many sculpts that needed to be done after the kickstarter. Some of them were more complex to cast too; so molding cost more too. They were to be cast in a new resin-material, and the caster was flooded too by the workload.

This kickstarter will be much simpler, in metal and much smaller scale. I think they will be good this time! 8)

Reason: ''
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Red Box Games Baddass Viking Kickstarter - Ends January

Post by Brage97 »

Mmh; yes: Here's one of the riders I painted up from the first kickstarter. Hope you like him :D

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

So, what did Tre end up with concerning if the first kickstarters models will be available in his store or not? Just cant enter that forum without becoming puzzled, but the models are of such quality that i just cant leave it alone, since what seems like forever.

Thankful for info about it, and as a matter of fact, what aboput his earlier models that has disappeared from his store?

Goldbaek is my hero
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Hi!

I try to follow everything Red Box closely and it currently seems like the minis from KS1 are retired. I think he feels he won't be able to sell enough to make new molds for them. (I don't know if he could get the Trollcast (plastic) caster to do some more of the plastics, but it hasn't been launched as an option (even if it would've been the obvious one) So, I guess the Helsvakt are gone sadly :(

They say they will have some extras left after fulfillment (especially the Gynnade warriors (in plate armour) and the will be sold when everything else has been delivered.

The other option is to follow the comments section for unhappy customers who want their money back. I picked up a 165$ pledge from an angry guy. Win-win for everyone :D
I got Tre to hook us up, as you can't PM in KS.

With regards to minis disappearing from the catalogue; Tre runs out of some at times and decides to retire some at times. I guess 30 minis or so are no longer being produced. They're all limited editions :-)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Hi Brage,

I talked to Ed at Trollforged almost daily. Tre's moulds from the 1st KS are shot. They are so over-used already that they are actually bowing from overuse. Ed is only using them because Tre is begging him to keep using them as Tre does not have funding to re-make the moulds.

I only write this to agree with you that the figures from the 1st KS will probably not be coming out to retail ever.

Which is unfortunately. Tre does good work. When I do a KickStarter once it reaches a certain point I assume moulds will be used up fullfilling the KickStarter and factor in the cost of making new moulds to replace them near the end of the KickStarter into the cost of the project. But that being Tre's first KickStarter ... I'm sure that concept did not occur to him.

So yeah ... it is unfortunate but I think you are definitely correct that the 1st KS stuff for the vast majority will never see Tre's online store.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Thanks Galak!

I didn't think about the mold wear outs, but of course it makes perfect sense.
I doubt Tre gave them any thoughts at all, before the KS exploded on them both. :-?
Probably didn't think too much at all.

I think he has learned a lot of lessons now, so I'm hoping thinks will work out fine for him from now on. KSes really put companies to the test!

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

I saw some of his old models in Hasslefree's range, is there more sellers that has the rights to some of his old stuff?

Goldbaek is my hero
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

theghr wrote:I saw some of his old models in Hasslefree's range, is there more sellers that has the rights to some of his old stuff?
Hasslefree and Red Box are friends and Tre has sold some of his retired minis to them.
They're the only ones who are publishing his old stuff, as far as I know.

They have around 10 minis so far.