So you won't buy our miniatures...

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

So you won't buy our miniatures...

Post by Darkson »

That's ok, we have other things we can sell you:

Like our special, limited edition tool set - for only £90!
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Tool-Set

But you do get a free canvas bag to put them in... :roll:

Not only do we make the best miniatures in the world and the best superglue and plastic glue in the world, but now we make the best tools in the world!

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Re: So you won't buy our miniatures...

Post by DixonCider »

Are they completely daft?

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

The daft thing is that some people will buy it.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Free? Check the prices. 12 + 15 + 16 + 10 + 15 + 18 = 86 :lol:

Sorry it that was sarcasm too. :orc:

Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

But you'll need them! To repair the finecasts you buy!

:P

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:That's ok, we have other things we can sell you:

Like our special, limited edition tool set - for only £90!
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Tool-Set

But you do get a free canvas bag to put them in... :roll:

!
Let me check my spare wallet....

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Hucker73
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hucker73 »

My mind... it is blown.

How do you justify the price? Is it the 'badge'? Take any product, write Ferrari/Apple/Chanel/Games Workshop on it and mark it up 300%? :o

Out of curiosity I went on the homebase site and found snips for £2.80, knife for £4 and set of 6 files for £8, all of which made me think I could find alternatives for less if I really shopped around.

"GW: Gouging money out of little kids and their rich, doting parents!"

Come back next week for the basing supply mega bundle - 3 different colours of flock, PVA, sand and an exclusive GW branded bag to put them in - only £50!!!!!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

The price they ask for their cutters is the typical price for original Xuron side cutters, if not more. And Xuron owns micro-shear trademark, even if now the system can be made by anybody, naming is a different matter. Registered trademarks must be enforced, or lost. So Xuron must kick GW in their Space Marines as soon as they know about this:
From the very first clip, building a brand new Citadel miniature is a fantastically rewarding experience, and using the right tools for the job ensures you can prepare and assemble your models with ease.

Our Fine Detail Cutters have been specifically designed to clip plastic component parts from the frame. This precision tool is made from stainless steel and has bypass micro-shear blades which can access even most awkward parts of their plastic frame, making the clipping process quick and easy.
Maybe time to contact Xuron, and give them a tip off, asking for a public copy of the C&D for the service. :orc:

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Steam Ball wrote:The price they ask for their cutters is the typical price for original Xuron side cutters, if not more. And Xuron owns micro-shear trademark, even if now the system can be made by anybody, naming is a different matter. Registered trademarks must be enforced, or lost. So Xuron must kick GW in their Space Marines as soon as they know about this:
From the very first clip, building a brand new Citadel miniature is a fantastically rewarding experience, and using the right tools for the job ensures you can prepare and assemble your models with ease.

Our Fine Detail Cutters have been specifically designed to clip plastic component parts from the frame. This precision tool is made from stainless steel and has bypass micro-shear blades which can access even most awkward parts of their plastic frame, making the clipping process quick and easy.
Maybe time to contact Xuron, and give them a tip off, asking for a public copy of the C&D for the service. :orc:

Unless the cutters are actually made by Xuron, and re-branded by GW.

That is the case with all of their other hobby stuff. GW doesn't actually make Primer, paint, Green Stuff, or a number of other hobby tools. They are all made by other companies for GW.

This is true of most of the hobby tools made by gaming brands (although, I think Reaper mixes their own paints).

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Yes, but then Xuron should remind them to put the ®. Defend it or lose it. And I doubt then GW would sell them so "cheap" in that case, as the supplies would not be cheap.

Xuron tools seem to have all soft handles, not these blocks of metal.