Made my own Halfling Treeman

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Made my own Halfling Treeman

Post by Madsherman »

Update! Done! ..although I just realized I want to add a birdhouse somewhere on him...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Extra update. Got him down on a base and got him primed and washed. Also added the birdhouse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

So, now he's finally done! I just need to paint Puggy, Deeproot and a wizard, and then my team is complete :D Also I've marked him Rooted with my fancy homemade marker.. Coach doesn't seem to appreciate that.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

This is brilliant!

I am definitely stealing the thought bubble idea for my minis... Maybe a broken light bulb for "really stupid" or "bonehead." Love it!

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Thanks! Yeah the only way I saw it working though, was a pin in the flocking... I'm not quite sure how to tackle a bald ogre or troll...

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Madsherman wrote:Thanks! Yeah the only way I saw it working though, was a pin in the flocking... I'm not quite sure how to tackle a bald ogre or troll...
Been thinking about that, too. I'm considering blue-tack or Sculpey. It's not like either of those would look less cool than a swapped-out token...

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

OR magnetize their heads XD

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Made my own Halfling Treeman

Post by Madsherman »

A tiny "dunce" hat could be funny for really stupid :)

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Madsherman wrote:OR magnetize their heads XD
Not that far fetched. I bet this could be done relatively easily.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Madsherman wrote:A tiny "dunce" hat could be funny for really stupid :)
I used the cones from 2ed BB (painted them white) for my former Ogre team to represent bonehead. Worked fine.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Nice!!!
:D

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Thanks! Just put up the entire team in the "Show yer teams" thread.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

The birdhouse is simply inspired :)

Stick a vulture on it :)

Wirelizard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wirelizard »

The Impact Miniatures crocodile Kroxigor comes with a vulture that is supposed to perch on his shoulder, just saying...

This is really neat work, I think I'm going to tackle one or two treemen myself, as a good way to try out more advanced sculpting without having to worry too much about proportions, fussy human details and such!

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

exactly, Wirelizard! Next project for me would be to try and model a face to scale O_O.. it's good fun actually. Just remember to use a tool, grease it up with something and do one stage a day.