Could almost cry!

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Could almost cry!

Post by Darkson »

Saw this on Oldhammer. 2nd ed converted Skaven, though done about 20 years ago, before they were OOP.
If they weren't so nice I could cry.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Could almost cry!

Post by neverworking »

either your definition of nice is kinder or my propensity to cry is higher

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

They don't look terrible, but given their relative value as BB minis I think they'd be a fun restoration project.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
nobby
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nobby »

they are kinda converted well, but the pain job for today is horrible. back in the day though, that style was all the rage on gw figures.

NAF: nobbynobbs
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

nobby wrote:but the pain job for today is horrible. back in the day though, that style was all the rage on gw figures.
The paint job was probably some using enamel paints as model maker acrylics, while available, weren't as common or cheap as enamels "back then". Don't know if you have any experience with enamels but they handle very differently from acrylics and and the end results are also markedly different...

Speaking from experience (most of my WFB old school undead army was painted with enamels) one major difference was in dry brushing. Enamels taking longer to dry, one could achieve relatively easy blends by not allowing a coat to properly dry and applying paint as if dry brushing. Good times!

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

That paint job is really good for the era, and the paints that were available back then. Also that was a pretty ground breaking conversion for back then. That is actually a top job, that someone would have been really proud of. You've only got to look at the paint jobs in White Dwarf back in May 1985, to see that they are around the standard of the era. It was after that, WD 90, 95 that it started to improve quite dramatically, with acrylics taking over. Although I do understand that those Skaven were 1987 and 1988 on the slotta. Space Skaven, they should have gone for it.