Looking for a ranger-type of mini

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

JaM
Legend
Legend

Looking for a ranger-type of mini

Post by JaM »

Hi all,

There is a small change that we might start up (after what... 15 years or so not playing that myself) an AD&D campaign.
I'll probably play a ranger kind of guy, in-game wise a short bow with some daggers.

I know a lot of you have fantasy miniatures, I used to have some myself but at the moment I have no idea where they are, if I still have them or whatever.

I could use some pointers to mini manufacterors (sp??) or links to minis who might fir the roll. Doesnt have to be 28 mm either, could be heroic-scale or a bit bigger.
I might pick up one or two, just ot paint them. Or use the picture on the sheets, who knows.

Can anyone help? There is so much out there nowadays, I'm kinda lost.
I dont mind wich manufacturer, although I have quite easy access to GW/LotR, the local hobbyshop carries that. But if I can find something else I'd be happy to order online.

Help..? :)

Cheers,
JaM

Reason: ''
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Looking for a ranger-type of mini

Post by Pedda »

Rangers from Otherworld Miniatures

Hucker73
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hucker73 »

A couple of suggestions;

Reaper miniatures have a large range, but use the Figure Finder to find what you're looking for. Pros: Large catalogue, Bones material is cheap Cons: P&P to Europe from US is probably a bit steep for one figure.

Dark Sword miniatures do lovely stuff and this guy is the miniature that popped into my head when you described your character. Pros: Lovely sculpts. Cons: Expensive and I personally haven't ordered anything from them, so no idea what the customer service is like.

Was going to recommend Heresy miniatures but couldn't see any ranger type miniatures on there. But if my other two recommendations don't do anything for you, check them out anyway because they're awesome.

Good luck on your search!

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Pedda wrote:Rangers from Otherworld Miniatures
Beat me to it. Would be my first choice as well!

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Hucker73 wrote: Reaper miniatures have a large range, but use the Figure Finder to find what you're looking for. Pros: Large catalogue, Bones material is cheap Cons: P&P to Europe from US is probably a bit steep for one figure.
There are some UK stockists of Reaper figures, Spirit Games for one who helped me out last month.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Thanks all! Very helpful. :)

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Hasslefree got a female with two swords, HFH085 Kalyna, but maybe something else calls your attention. And Statuesque is starting a new Fantasy line, SF003 Misanter the Elf could work with a bit of otoplasty.

Freebooter's Fate and Lead Adventure could have something, if you like the style, but you will have to check what they got.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I'll throw in my love for Pedda's recommendation--Otherworld Miniatures. I haven't actually bought any yet, but their old-school (think 1st Edition AD&D) minis bring modern quality to classic creatures.

I mean, if you're of a certain age, can you not love this?:

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...