Heresy - Return of the Monsters

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Andy at Heresy Miniatures has had a few kicks to the teeth in the last few years, and the outlook isn't rosy at the moment, so to raise funds, both to keep going AND to get some of the older figures remastered into resin he's turned to Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/he ... e-monsters

Example pledges:

There's a small range there now, but as the campaign progresses (and he gets the time to take pictures etc) more items will be added, including many OOP monsters.

So if you've ever bought anything from Andy, I urge you to:
a) back this KS
and/or
b) buy from his normal range.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I love my Heresy Snowtroll or Icepelt as I call him

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Funded and burning through new rewards. Tunnel Dweller unlocked awhile ago!

Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Heresy - Return of the Monsters

Post by Chris »

Oh, what has happened? Other than a determination not to make more blood bowl figures is there a problem with Heresy?

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

The Dragon happened. Read all about it in the Kickstarter and on the Heresy site.

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

Very smart move by them. They make good models but their prices has pretty much kept me from their website since i first was chocked by them.

Goldbaek is my hero
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Heresy with high prices? You gotta be kidding... Especially when we see single minis (not big guys...) in Gaspez/Greebo/Willy/etc sometimes hitting the €8 mark.

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Re:

Post by theghr »

connexion wrote:Heresy with high prices? You gotta be kidding... Especially when we see single minis (not big guys...) in Gaspez/Greebo/Willy/etc sometimes hitting the €8 mark.
I think it was that ogre that scared me off initially. Something about the price of pewter going up and the new price was through the roof.
No doubt others are expensive too, but at least they have a complete line of teams.

Goldbaek is my hero
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

theghr wrote:No doubt others are expensive too, but at least they have a complete line of teams.
Not all miniature Manufactures cater exclusively to the Blood Bowl crowd and not all Blood Bowl players paint Blood Bowl models exclusively. Some of us are also modelers. ;-P

That being said, many of the "large monsters" from the Heresy range are perfectly adequate for BB as are other pieces - my Necromantic team (side-line figures included) uses mostly Heresy miniatures (with very minor conversions), for example.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Half my (planned) teams wouldn't exist if I only bought from people with "complete lines of teams". :-?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

Yeah well anyway, their Ogre £25 is a little hefty. Great that this Kickstarter will rectify that.

Goldbaek is my hero
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

theghr wrote:Yeah well anyway, their Ogre £25 is a little hefty. Great that this Kickstarter will rectify that.
It's a multi-part model. Those invariably tend to be more expensive to produce when we're talking about metal/resin models (moulds, etc).
Andy Foster wrote: Each ogre comes with 1 random set of legs, and 1 random set of arms as wel as a selection of heads and fists, so you can vary them quite a bit

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

57hours to go, and a lot more unlocked than I can put in the OP.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

24 hours to go, and Deathball Monsters are the next Stretch goal!

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

theghr wrote:Yeah well anyway, their Ogre £25 is a little hefty. Great that this Kickstarter will rectify that.
i have the ogre. its the best ff ogre on the market.

Rick Sanchez lives!