Darksword Warrior with Bastard Sword

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Darksword Warrior with Bastard Sword

Post by odinsgrandson »

This mini I painted for Gencon's Masterclass competition. Overall, I was rather pleased with how he turned out, but I honestly had a hard time placing him in the lineup when I saw all of those pretty minis show up (man, there were a lot of really nice ones this year- especially from Dark Sword).

In the end, he placed Second in single miniatures- to Marke Reimer's (holy crap it was amazing) steampunk medusa. I was pretty happy about that.

I've also posted him onto Coolminiornot for anyone who cares to vote.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Darksword Warrior with Bastard Sword

Post by GalakStarscraper »

You are very very talented good sir.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by velvet mark »

:o Amazing Odin, great job Love the colours and base. Congrats!

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

That is a lovely paint job and a really nice scheme. I really like the stubble treatment, while keeping the chin strong.

I really hope that you're a dedicated professional that devotes the vast majority of his life to improving your craft. If you said you were some dilettante that picks up a brush while you're waiting for the dishwasher to finish I'd feel very sad.

Your work is very inspiring, by the way.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Fassbinder75 wrote:That is a lovely paint job and a really nice scheme. I really like the stubble treatment, while keeping the chin strong.

I really hope that you're a dedicated professional that devotes the vast majority of his life to improving your craft. If you said you were some dilettante that picks up a brush while you're waiting for the dishwasher to finish I'd feel very sad.

Your work is very inspiring, by the way.

Although you definitely want to make me say otherwise, I am a professional painter. When painting miniatures became my full time work, it turns out that it didn't stop being my hobby- somehow it is still relaxing to paint my own projects (chibi minis are especially relaxing).

So, yeah, I spend a lot of time painting. As for honing my craft, I generally use my competition entries to see just how far I can push myself. The latest two minis I've posted here are examples of that.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

excellent work as always..

however....

I'm disappointed a painter of your caliber didn't do some freehand heraldry on the shield and cloak, especially as this was for a competition..

don't get me wrong, this is far better than anything I have ever done, but from both an aesthetic and "historically/feudally accurate" perspective, I think it could have been better..

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers