ZN Games Fantasy Miniatures & Steampunk Airships

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

ZN Games Fantasy Miniatures & Steampunk Airships

Post by Darkson »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... k-airships

Couldn't really afford it, but the story and the plan going forward means I'm in, even though it's only a small donation. Plus how can anyone pass up a Judge Goblin? :wink:
The Project

Chris Bledsoe was a bright light in the miniatures gaming community. He helped create rules for Warzone, Chronopia, Mutant Chronicles, and Crucible. He had key roles at both Heartbreaker and Ral Partha. In 2001, he opened ZN Games to pursue starting his personal dream of creating his own miniatures and games. However just as he could get started, Chris passed away from cancer in 2002.

Chris's story was a powerful one to me as I have long hoped if anything happened to me that the work I've done on Impact! could continue. I've been in discussions with Chris's father (Kevin) and he has agreed to work with Impact! to return Chris's ZN Games line of miniatures to production. .

The funding goal of $5000 will allow us to bring back 41 of the original ZN Games miniatures to retail production along with 1 new figure from the Goblinaid campaign. We selected a mix of fantasy adventurers and airships for the starting miniatures. More figures will be added to the KickStarter with stretch goals when reached.

Kevin Bledsoe and Impact! have also agreed to establish after the KickStarter is over a Pay-It-Forward memorial in Chris Bledsoe's name. 10% of the sales of any of these figures made by Impact! after this KickStarter will be used to fund other miniature KickStarters so that Chris' love of miniatures can help other companies successfully fund their dreams of creating miniatures. We will regularly report in the comments of this KickStarter the amounts in this fund so it 100% transparent.

We want your feedback, so please leave comments. We plan to engage our backers and would love ideas for what figures should be unlocked next as stretch goals.

Not sure there's anything anyone will want, but I have the Ulfhedner in metal and it's a lovely figure.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002 ... 1409793126

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Norse
Da Organiza

Re: ZN Games Fantasy Miniatures & Steampunk Airships

Post by Norse »

I wonder if Galak sold them back the rights to the Ulfhedner.. :-?

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Thank you Darkson
Norse wrote:I wonder if Galak sold them back the rights to the Ulfhedner.. :-?
We never owned it. We had a license to sell that miniature. We have a chance now to license the entire range if we can raise the money on KickStarter to do it.

I have always hoped that if something tragic happened to me that somehow my work on Impact! would carry on. As I have worked with Chris’s father Kevin to sort through all of his son’s work that he had finished or were in various stages of completion it made me think a great deal of what would happen to Impact! if I was not around tomorrow to make it happen, I came to the definite conclusion that we had to try to get Chris’ dream of his own miniatures company relaunched.

If you can back the project, thank you. If you cannot back the project but are willing to spread the news about the KickStarter through Facebook, Twitter, Online Forms, etc. etc., thank you for that as well as any help we get to fund this project and unlock as many extra of the 450 miniatures that Chris Bledsoe was working on is much appreciated.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Why does the judge goblin look familiar?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Chris wrote:Why does the judge goblin look familiar?
It was used as part of the Goblinaid campaign.

The production rights for it were purchased by Sumbloke and sold to Impact! to produce or convert (we used the base of it to create our MP Officer chibi as well).

We thought since the figure was used for charity from its start that including it in a range of figures where 10% of sales will go towards helping other miniature KS projects fund seemed an appropriate spot.

feeder
Experienced
Experienced
Location: Hatching a dastardly plan, like a bird with a dastardly egg.

Post by feeder »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Thank you Darkson
Norse wrote:I wonder if Galak sold them back the rights to the Ulfhedner.. :-?
We never owned it. We had a license to sell that miniature. We have a chance now to license the entire range if we can raise the money on KickStarter to do it.

I have always hoped that if something tragic happened to me that somehow my work on Impact! would carry on. As I have worked with Chris’s father Kevin to sort through all of his son’s work that he had finished or were in various stages of completion it made me think a great deal of what would happen to Impact! if I was not around tomorrow to make it happen, I came to the definite conclusion that we had to try to get Chris’ dream of his own miniatures company relaunched.

If you can back the project, thank you. If you cannot back the project but are willing to spread the news about the KickStarter through Facebook, Twitter, Online Forms, etc. etc., thank you for that as well as any help we get to fund this project and unlock as many extra of the 450 miniatures that Chris Bledsoe was working on is much appreciated.

Those two Goblins on the bottom right are from GW's 4th Ed Orc and Goblin Armybook. For sure.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

feeder wrote:Those two Goblins on the bottom right are from GW's 4th Ed Orc and Goblin Armybook. For sure.
Got a link, as if you have I'm sure Tom would remove them.
But given that he's using the masters to make these...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson wrote:
feeder wrote:Those two Goblins on the bottom right are from GW's 4th Ed Orc and Goblin Armybook. For sure.
Got a link, as if you have I'm sure Tom would remove them.
But given that he's using the masters to make these...
Masters and the 2001 Production moulds for those 2. Those 2 figures are reworks of figures from Heartbreaker which made miniatures around 1994 that could easily be used with WFB. So they are not GW sculpts but original Heartbreaker sculpts for which ZN Games had production rights. Specifically Kev Adams 2026 and Kev Adams 3222 ( http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost ... _%26_Games )