Sculpting Heroes

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Sculpting Heroes

Post by Madsherman »

Hey yall. Made this topic on request, and please tell me if this has been done in here before, but I'd like to post the work of my favorite sculptors in here and everybody else is free to do the same. This is Tre Manor of reaper and redbox fame:

http://red-box-games.com

Reason: ''
"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Sculpting Heroes

Post by connexion »

Now, this is a topic to which I can contribute with quite a bit of enthusiasm... Thanks for opening it!

I'll start with my favourite of some years now: Paul Muller. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, he has no site/blog and his creations are scattered all over the place - most I know of are over at Heresy and Otherworld Miniatures

Most of the minis of my Necro team, the Agramonte All-Stars are sculpted by Paul Muller. The first of his sculpts that caught my atention were this Necromancer and the pack of ghouls:

His line of old-school undead and daemons for Otherworld is amazing and, his latest sculpt is an absolute classic:

Next up: aRU-MOR, Werner Klocke and Andy Foster. After that I may shut up. ;-)

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Can't help myself and here goes my second fanboy post, this time about the amazing Spanish sculptress/ilustrator aRU-MOR.

Her most recent work, for Willy Miniatures, is a team of Amazons, with 16 different models (no side-line models yet, unfortunately). Picture of the greens that was posted during the crowdfund campaign:

Her website/blog is up at http://eldesvanderu-mor.blogspot.pt/ (miniature showcase here)

'nuff said.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Those 'zons are nice! I'm always worried about scale, though... 28mm?

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Madsherman wrote:Those 'zons are nice! I'm always worried about scale, though... 28mm?
Being as they are from Willy, I was a bit worried and admit I only ordered them after seeing the greens in 25mm bases. They're about 28mm to the eyes when standing and here's a comparison with a few minis from my collection:

Left to right: GW bloodbowl wight, modified Otherworld skeleton, Willy Amazon blitzer, Greebo Sylvania thrower, limited edition Willy She-Hulk (oops, I mean "limited edition vampire thrall"...).

Honestly? I never thought I'd play amazons, much less build an amazon team. Whoever didn't catch this in the crowdfund missed a great oportunity for a stunning team at a bargain-ish price... :-)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Connexion - sorry to take this off topic, but can I see more of your otherworld skeletons please? How did you do them? He looks amazing!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Thanks Steve! I have a thread where I parade my stuff here. Drop a line there and I can post my recipe for painting skeletons.

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Am I the only one posting contributions to this thread...? Regardless, today the spotlight falls on:

Werner Klocke

The man has sculpted far and wide, with quite a few exceptional pieces for Reaper but the best showcase is, perhaps, his own company (and game) Freeboter.

I'll stick to a couple of example:

- Image (beware there be more boobies ahead)

Tah.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

All nice :) I just stumbled upon this guy, and I thinks his chaos dwarves (or Dwergs I believe they're called) have something to them http://www.daveking.com.au/dk_minis.htm I always liked the non-assyrian Chaos Dwarves... although I'm warming up to their weird hats :D

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Madsherman wrote:All nice :) I just stumbled upon this guy, and I thinks his chaos dwarves (or Dwergs I believe they're called) have something to them http://www.daveking.com.au/dk_minis.htm I always liked the non-assyrian Chaos Dwarves... although I'm warming up to their weird hats :D
Very reminiscent of the pre-Big Hat, old-school Chaos Dwarves - lovely stuff and quite tempting!

Here's the store link for who is interested: http://www.darklinggames.com/shop.htm

EDIT: cheap too at 95AUD for the full set... O_O

Cheers!
M.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

BTW, has anybody seen a tutorial on how to sculpt spread out hands? like so?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to refine a tiny sausage like that...