Space Crusade recreation project

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Space Crusade recreation project

Post by odinsgrandson »

When I first started miniatures gaming, my first game was the classic Space Crusade. That game will forever have warm feelings from me.

However, I soon started converting minis from the set, and using their bits in other conversions and I found that I really wanted to play Space Crusade, but didn't have any of the parts that I'd need.

So I went to my "bits box"- which is quite extensive these days, with parts catalogued- and found that I could pull a full Space Crusade force out of it.

For painting, I've decided to create tributes to forces that I've painted in the past- some for clients, others for myself. None of them will match those forces too closely, as I'll be creating a new take on them.

Here's the first squad I finished: Salamanders

I painted up my first unit as Salamanders as a tribute to the Salamanders forces I painted over the years (they'll be 'counts as' Imperial Fists for the most part). This version of the Salamanders doesn't quite match any of the other color schemes for Sallies that I've done, and it was nice to have a slightly new take on them.

PS- I've posted them to CMON for anyone who cares to vote.

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Space Crusade recreation project

Post by Regash »

They all look fantastic but the burning insignia on the first one is amazing!

Wish I could paint like that... :(

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

My copy is half painted! Another couple of decades and I will be done! :)

Note I bought more models. The idea is to have painted everything required. Don't use blips, we just placed the models down, it makes practically no difference.

So need one set of aliens and either lots of dreads or magnetised weapons.
Then another set for reinforcements. Option of different clan for Orcs and Legion for traitors.
Then 3 commanders, 4 marines with bolters, 1 of each heavy weapon for each chapter.

Of course the you add the white dwarf expansion, mission dreadnought and the eldar :)

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

look great. I LOVED Space Crusade on the Amiga (showing my age :oops: ) and played it for hours.. nothing was more fun that slamming doors shut to kill dreadnaughts.. :lol:

I never played the board game though..

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

You could slam doors to kill dreadnoughts? I don't remember that from the board game. How did it work?

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

It doesn't... But in the computer game doors took up 2 squares, if you closed them you could kill whatever was in those door squares.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

And here are the Gretchin.

I had considered quite a few options for my Gretchin- I have quite a few goblins from various companies I could easily convert. I also have some of the older plastic gretchin minis- but I felt that the pose was too standard.

In the end, I decided to take old metal Snotlings, and arm them with missile weapons. I really fell that this works for their lowly status.

Here they are: