BeeSputty anybody tried it?

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

BeeSputty anybody tried it?

Post by Madsherman »

It looks like it might be a cool alternative to GS, but I don't have a clue what the differences may be. It looks like it doesn't have the "chewing-gum stickyness" that GS has.

Reason: ''
"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: BeeSputty anybody tried it?

Post by rolo »

I've never even heard of it. FWIW I use milliput instead of GS, because it's cheaper and I have no complaints.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Not tried, but it is NOT a direct replacement for epoxies (GS, milliput, etc). Why? You need to bake it. It's like Fimo, Cernit, Sculpey and other such clays. So you will need that the base can withstand (relative) high temperatures, which means not usable along plastic, and even some chemical aggression, some plastics will melt in contact at room temperature. It has uses, but you have to take care.

Good advice by rolo. Or try other things like Procreate, Aves Apoxie, Magic Sculp, etc. Any decent tutorial of modelling clays for miniatures will cover the range of posibilities: polymer clays and the two big families of epoxies.

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

Quick tip to counter the "chewing gum stickiness" of handling green stuff is to use a hand cream moisturiser.
Which has the added bonus of giving you lovely soft hands...

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

I mix my green stuff with Aves Apoxie Sculpt.

If you use about 1/3 aves and 2/3 kneadatite, it will still be able to withstand vulcanized casting.

And if you aren't going to cast it, then you can use more aves.