Fur vs Scale

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Fur vs Scale

Post by Thul »

I've partnered with RN Estudio to produce collectible miniatures for my new card game, Fur vs Scale Thought I'd share a 3D render that will be used for the casting of one of the Scale faction characters, Malyss. :)

Fur vs Scale is a fast-paced tabletop card game for 2-4 players, pitting colorful anthropomorphic animal heroes of rival kingdoms against each other in strategic combat. The game captures the ebb and flow of your favorite arcade fighter, challenging players to construct winning combinations of attacks, blocks, counters, and super moves over four rounds to be crowned victor.

Reason: ''
Norse
Da Organiza

Re: Fur vs Scale

Post by Norse »

Looks really dynamic, I like it a lot. Just watch the kerning on the base.

#oncebitten... :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

Will this be a crowdfunding thing?

Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thul »

Norse wrote:Looks really dynamic, I like it a lot. Just watch the kerning on the base.

#oncebitten... :wink:
Thanks! Yes - he's since fixed the kerning. I think it's his standard spacing in the "Y" font. So, I had an eye out for it :)
Rayphoton wrote:Will this be a crowdfunding thing?
Yes - I'm aiming to bring it to Kickstarter early next year (January in all likelihood) so that I can do a larger print run, fund bonus/alternate artwork, and hopefully add more heroes outside of the 4 that the game currently focuses on.

Speaking of which...Pumpkin!

As with Malyss, RN Estudio will be selling him in their store, but the base and Mr. Buttons (i.e. the cat nip mouse "totem" riding on the staff) are exclusive to my collector's set. The above image isn't final (some small tweaks are still ongoing), but I'm very happy with how Rafael has captured the movement and humor in Pumpkin's pose.

Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thul »

Rounding out the 3D render previews that will be used to make the collectible miniatures for Luna and Snaggle via RN Estudio.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Norse approves!

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thul »

Fur vs Scale is coming to Kickstarter in February with the hopes of funding additional heroes and artwork. For those interested in the miniatures, those will be available in the campaign. Check out the short promo video below...

ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

I like Malyss and Luna so much. What scale will they be? 28 mm? 32 mm? I know RN usually produces miniatures a bit on the big side, but would be nice to know.

Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thul »

ulvardar wrote:I like Malyss and Luna so much. What scale will they be? 28 mm? 32 mm? I know RN usually produces miniatures a bit on the big side, but would be nice to know.
They're closer to 30/32mm scale. Snaggle is being modeled in RN "Big Guy" scale, for example, if that helps at all.

Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thul »

Fur vs Scale is now live on Kickstarter!

Fur vs Scale, the fast-paced card game that features colorful anthropomorphic animal heroes and an arcade fighter theme, is currently on Kickstarter! Special, limited edition miniatures, produced by RN Estudio, are available in our exclusive Collectors Bundle.

Fur vs Scale is a fast-paced tabletop card game for 2-4 players, pitting heroes of rival kingdoms against each other in strategic combat. The game captures the ebb and flow of your favorite arcade fighter, challenging players to construct winning combinations of attacks, blocks, counters, and super moves over four rounds to be crowned victor. Featuring colorful anthropomorphic animal characters with unique special abilities, Fur vs Scale offers a variety of depth that can be enjoyed by kids and adults of all ages.

Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thul »

Undead Viking just put up a great video review of Fur vs Scale. If you were interested in the game, give it a look. His closing comments are really wonderful.

https://youtu.be/7eYRvlifCQU

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

I'm digging the gator.

Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thul »

odinsgrandson wrote:I'm digging the gator.
Thanks! :D

Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thul »

Sadly, Fur vs Scale, didn't garner the support I was hoping for from the Kickstarter community and I canceled the campaign today

The good news is that Fur vs Scale is still being released - and soon! The game is done and off to the printers for a (smaller) print run and the miniatures are being cast by RN Estudio.

If you're still interested in supporting Fur vs Scale and receiving the game, the miniatures, or both, please visit http://www.furvsscale.com and pre-order your copy today. As a thank you to early adopters, I will not only be offering the same shipping discounts advertised through this Kickstarter, but I will also be hand-signing and numbering all copies of the game ordered during the pre-order period.

In addition, I have decided to sell the miniatures with and without the game. So, if you just want your "resin crack" without the game - you can get that now, too. Bonus - I was able to lower the price of the miniatures a bit as well (and the corresponding Collector's Bundle).

Happy gaming everyone!

Thul
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Thul »

Just received the proof copy for the game. Will be combing over it for any last changes before sending it off for the retail print run. In the meantime, I put together a short video of shots from the proof copy components and the 3d prints that the resin miniatures are being cast from.

If you are interested in the game, pre-orders will probably remain open through April via http://www.furvsscale.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0igFeKylVA