Kasaro To- Super Dungeon Crossover

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Kasaro To- Super Dungeon Crossover

Post by odinsgrandson »

Way back when Relic Knights was being Kickstarted, Sodapop miniatures introduced crossover characters for their already successful Super Dungeon Explore.

I painted this guy up just a little while ago, but now, with the release of Ninja All Stars, I think he would fit nicely into a Ninja Themed Super Dungeon game.

I went with a very controlled color pallet- keep a strong sense of light and dark among the purple, with a strongly contrasting NMM gold. I think the pallet worked well on him.

Reason: ''
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Kasaro To- Super Dungeon Crossover

Post by frogboy »

I love that Non Metalic Metal, what paints do you use?

The whole miniature looks great.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

In my opinion, anyone who can paint NMM is god... or above! :wink:
Great miniature, as always when done by you.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

NMM isn't quite as hard as it looks. It mostly comes in having a very high contrast and consistent source of light for your mini.

For his NMM- I think I used P3 umbral umber, highlighted with a mix of Cygnus yellow, then up with pure white or an off white like Menoth White Highlight or Frostbite.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Cool, thanks for the recipe looks great. Might have to try that out in the near future. I've only experimented with NMM once before on my Chaos team, using greys and white. Didn't look bad but didn't "pop" think ill try more contrast. Thanks for the advise :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

frogboy wrote:Cool, thanks for the recipe looks great. Might have to try that out in the near future. I've only experimented with NMM once before on my Chaos team, using greys and white. Didn't look bad but didn't "pop" think ill try more contrast. Thanks for the advise :orc:

The trouble you ran into is probably that you used greys and whites:

When you're doing silver NMM, it is very important to make sure it has some color to it. Generally, I like to find some colors on the mini in other places and add those to the greys I'm using for NMM.

It also helps if you add different colors into the shading or highlighting on your silver NMMs.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ok thanks, I will have a little experiment. I I tempted to buy the Scale75 boxed sets but thought that might be a little overkill for 28mm minis. I'll have a look at the P3 range, thanks again :D