Super Kingdom Death Explore!

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Super Kingdom Death Explore!

Post by odinsgrandson »

So I really like board games with cool minis. Two of the board games that I’ve spent the most time playing are Kingdom Death: Monster and Super Dungeon Explore! Both are great games with fantastic minis- although the tones each use could hardly be farther apart.

The developers of these games know each other, and When both games went to Kickstarter, they took the opportunity to do a cool cross over. So means that we got a really cute chibi of the Twilight Knight.

She makes a great mini, and I’d have been happy to leave it off there, but the fluff on her card implies that if those super cute Super Dungeon characters go into the Nether Rift in their seting, they end up in the brutal and bloody hell world of Kingdom Death.

So I got to thinking about this, and decided that I really needed to expand on this idea of the cute little chibis on the Planes of Faces.

Yes, these are all playable, and I'm going to continue to create Chibi versions of Kingdom Death monsters.

I've already started up on the Screaming Antelope, made from combining bits from Impact's nightmare and beastman.

Reason: ''
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Super Kingdom Death Explore!

Post by odinsgrandson »

Continuing my project to create a set of Kingdom Death: Monsters using chibi minis, here is my Screaming Antelope. I find that I really enjoy mixing the brutal nightmare setting of Kingdom Death with the cuteness of chibi minis.

He was created using mostly parts from Impact! Miniatures- the head started out as a chibi beastman, and the body came from a nightmare (one of the largest of their chibi pony miniatures). I sculpted the mouth and teeth in the belly, and moved the legs around to turn it into an antelope (and sculpted most of details to make up the difference).

I'll be posting up some of the nemesis monsters soon.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Great looking stuff! You do our models awesome justice my friend!

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Super Kingdom Death Explore! (thankgiving update- Butche

Post by odinsgrandson »

Thanks, I really loved creepifying the cuteness.

For Thanksgiving, we finished off our Kingdom Death Monster campaign with an epic battle against the Watcher.

It was pretty glorious. We played with all the Chibi conversions of KDM minis I've made, and the survivors were all heroes from Super Dungeon Explore. Princess Ruby was pretty awesome with her bone darts and monster tooth necklace.

Now that I've admitted to finishing off more Kingdom Death Chibis than I've shown off, I figure I'd better get to posting them. Here's the Butcher:

And if you don't know what Kingdom Death: Monster is, you should probably have a look at the outstanding Kickstarter that they're running right now. The fact that it got to 3.5 million overnight is not overstating the quality of the game- it is fantastic on pretty much every level- brilliant minis, fantastic rules set, terrific art, crazy loads of fun.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

I created this mini a little while ago, but for some reason I missed showing him off.

This is my chibi version of the Manhunter nemesis monster for Chibi Kingdom Death. The core mini started its life as a cowboy robot from Rail Raiders Infinite, so he's come a long way to get here.

For the base, I wanted to create a chibi version of a base that I had previously made for the proper Manhunter mini.