Chibi Monique Denoir- Bronze Sophie Winner

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Chibi Monique Denoir- Bronze Sophie Winner

Post by odinsgrandson »

Now that I'm back from Reapercon, I think it is time to post pictures of my entries. This is Monique Denoir, and she was awarded a bronze Sophie in the painters category.

I was pleased with the paintjob on her, and I'm happy that she could compete with the many very well painted Reaper miniatures in the competition (every year there are quite a few fantastic entries- this year was no exception).

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Chibi Monique Denoir- Bronze Sophie Winner

Post by Regash »

Only bronze?
Geez, what did silver and gold look like? :o

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Do you keep all your figures, or sell them on, or do they stay with impact! ? I mean your whole collection now, would be massively impressive.

Sorry, I can't remember but do you own chibi?

I know I'd enjoy seeing all your work together at exhibitions.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

- There are two kinds of awards at Reapercon- merit based and competitive.

- For the merit based awards, the judges pick one entry from each painter and give it a gold. silver, bronze, certificate or nothing. This is nice because they had around a thousand entries, so you can still get an award if you're not in the top three. I got two gold medals this year.

- The competitive awards are mostly for certain manufacturers. The Bronze Sophie was for best painted Reaper miniature, which is a pretty competitive category. The silver and gold minis looks fantastic, and to be honest, so did many of the minis that didn't place.

harvestmouse wrote: Sorry, I can't remember but do you own chibi?

Lol.

I paint full time on commission projects (split between gaming miniatures of all types and geek wedding cake toppers- which are essentially just larger minis). So a lot of the minis I paint get sent out into the world, but i also paint a lot on my own time as well (when I'm not 'working').

I haven't ever officially painted something for Impact! Miniatures, but I don't mind if Tom uses my pictures for promotion (he's a really pleasant guy, and always asks first).