Orc Biker

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Orc Biker

Post by Regash »

So, I'm the GM of two Pen & Paper role playing groups, one playing D&D, one playing Shadowrun.
I might or might not be a good GM but one thing is for sure.
A lot of love go into my NPCs, even if I make them up on the fly, my players always enjoy them very much.

In my Shadowrun-Group, I only have complete noob players, so in order to get them to know the background, we started on Street Punk level and also, there is an Orc Biker Gang, called the Vipers MC, that kind of take care of the players characters, so they will learn about the game while playing. And the bikers, their president called Mad Dog especially, crept their way into the hearts of not only my players but also mine and I dread the day when those PCs "grow up" and leave them behind.

That gave me the idea of having something on my desk that always remembers me of Mad Dog and the Vipers:
I need to convert a miniature to look like a biker from 2075!

I started out with a Space Marine bike, basically removed the whole front, using spikes from the fantasy bretonian range for the fork, threw in a bloodletter head and added a few bits and pieces.
The biker uses Space Marine legs for the SciFi look but otherwise consists of orc bits.

I'm pretty pleased with how the bike turned out but the biker could have been better.

P.S.: It's incredible, how visible those mold lines get on a photo... :o
Maybe I can get away with camouflage them as seams on the trousers when painting! :orc:

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Orc Biker

Post by rolo »

Looks nice!

Not too late to trim the lines with a knife.

But you need a better base. Either add some sand and stones for a natural look, or some metal bits for a scrapyard effect.
Or use ready bases if it's in your budget. I recommend the tech bases from Micro Art Studio:
https://shop.microartstudio.com/en/base ... 51114.html

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Regash

Re: Orc Biker

Post by Regash »

Thanks, but I'll rework the whole Orc, I guess.
Some greenstuffing to do as well.

The base actually will look like a piece of asphalt, so it's not so bad.

And the painting is always the thing I fear the most.
With age, my eyesight doesn't get better and my hand coordination has also never been the best...