Balanced Vampire Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Jezuss, let's just give all teams access to stars that can gain SPP's. :puke:

The idea behind Luthor (and Stars in general) is that they're just that, stars, and if a team want's it's players to be that good they need to put in a lot of hard work, and need a lot of luck. They're not just handed out to rooke teams. Is there a production line in Syvania rolling out Luthor clones :lol: .

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

Ahh, come on - a vampire with ST 4 simply isn't a vampire. What I'm saying is that either you like the idea of having vampires play Blood Bowl like freakin' superheroes, or you don't. I prefer a team with one real vampire to a team with four fakes :)

I think that a vampire team is a good opportunity to make a new kind of team - in the same way as for example lizardmen or halflings are different. In this case it would be a team with a deep flaw: too much dependence on one player.

By restricting position players severely, making RR:s expensive and perhaps overpricing all players slightly, you could end up with a team that is as challenging as goblins or halflings - definitely not impossible, but not for the powerplayers either.

The important thing is that it's fun both to field and to play against. I think a team looking something like this could be just that: there are a number of different tactics and development strategies to try out, and it's not obvious which way to play against it either.

Micke

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

In the end it doesn't really matter when BBmag4 comes out with new Vamp team. My guess they will try something more balanced than the last one (since they won't have Off for a Bite trait).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'm all for having the team having too much dependence on one player, but having a player the same as (or almost) Luthor, and then the ability to theoretically gain another 7 skills/stats is to much.

7/6/5/9 Block, Dodge, Gaze, Regen, Nerves of Steel, Mighty Blow, Multiple Block, Jump Up

This is just one possible monstrosity that could be produced, and I bet coacheswith a lot more experiance could do a lot better.

And yeah, he may only be one player, but the rest on the team won't just be standing around while he does all the work.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

OK, so let's try something like

0-1 Vampire Lord 200K 6 5 4 8 Reg, Hyp Gaze (G, S, AG)

Not sure about letting AV down to 8 - this guy is going to get fouled a lot anyway - but it's a start. Now the monstrosity would look something like

7 6 5 8 Reg, Hyp G, Block, Dodge, Leap, Jump Up

Admittedly, that's a monstrosity. But at least it's comparable to say a 7-upgrades war dancer. And his buddies aren't exactly elves :)

Perhaps he should be made (G, AG) instead of (G, S, AG)?

Micke

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

0-1 Vampire Lord 200K 6 5 4 8 Reg, Hyp Gaze (G, S, AG)
St 5 + Ag 4 is .. err.. how can I say it.. way out of line... St4 + Ag4 doesn't belong on a starting roster. And neither does St5+Ag4.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

MickeX.

Go to this page on Galak's site:

http://www.midgardbb.com/BloodBowlPlayers.html

It'll give you the info you'll need to design a team.

MickeX
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MickeX »

Those guidelines are great - but the problem, as I see it, is this: suppose we are to make a vampire team. Basically, we have three choices:

a) Making some fake vampire team, and still break a lot of the usual guidelines (a vampire which isn't 'out of line' simply isn't a vampire)

b) Making a real vampire team, break the guidelines some more, but giving it enough drawbacks to make sure the team as a whole is more like a halfling/goblin team than a huge cake for power players

c) Not making a vampire team at all (which is fine with me)

So I'm obviously trying out alternative b). If the thralls are AG2, overpriced, and doesn't get an apot, I think it's a good start for some playtesting. Perhaps by making them AV 7, you could emphasize the effect of the lone vampire drowning in opposition...

Thinking about it - maybe a vampire could have AG 3? Hmm.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Phew.
Thank god the vampire problem was finally solved :roll:

I bet the BBMag4 version has seen plenty of playtest :puke:
It looks so balanced ;)