aboot Kicking...

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mestari
Legend
Legend

aboot Kicking...

Post by Mestari »

I really don't like the change to she scoring system in the kicking rules. Still, it might be necessary in order to keep somebody scoring touchdowns also...

So I'm asking those of you you have had excessive amount of playtesting with it:

-If the scoring system wouldn't be changed and you'd get 1 point from both touchdowns and field goals,(and perhaps also 3SPP's from field goals) would it hurt? IOW - would people aim mostly for field goals? Would they rather kick the ball than sprint two extra squares?

Also - Why is kickoff return limited to only one player: IMO if somebody wants to spend lots of skill rolls for a quick start after kickoff then go for it - the skill has no use elsewhere.

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Kickoff Return is a simulation of real life on that note which I know is not required.

Its the MINE! philosophy. At least in United States HandMelon games, there is only one receiver for the kickoff and the rest of the team is busy heading downfield to plow a path for him. Since the movement has to be towards the ball (just like Pass Block has to be towards the pass), two or more players would collide trying to get the ball ... quite funny in cartoons but not very realisic.

Galak

Also BB should always be about the touchdowns. The field goal rules are there to eliminate dead turns which they do rather well. I won't support FG = TD for scoring even if getting a field goal is not an easy thing.

Moonsong
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Moonsong »

GalakStarscraper wrote:At least in United States HandMelon games, there is only one receiver for the kickoff and the rest of the team is busy heading downfield to plow a path for him
Not entirely correct. Usually there's only one receiver on punts, but most teams use (or used) two on kickoffs, with the field divided in half and each responsible for his half. Sometimes it has happened that the two receivers collided on a centrally-kicked kickoff, to the laughs of the opponents.

Moonsong

[img]http://www.bluemax.com/animate/websitefAGIFdownloads/Flags/AllNations/G-N/italy_clr.gif[/img]NAF Italian Organiser
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

We've got time to test .... after this Season is done, I'll ask if the one person only use should be removed. But really in theory there should only be one player trying to get the ball ... anything else is Keystone Cops material.

Galak

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

GalakStarscraper wrote: Also BB should always be about the touchdowns. The field goal rules are there to eliminate dead turns which they do rather well. I won't support FG = TD for scoring even if getting a field goal is not an easy thing.
In several occasions you've said that there is only a very small amount of field goals made per game on average.

In how many occasions when a touchdown has been scored would the team have done a FG instead IF it would've given them an equal amount of points? Or how much would the average number (in your opinion) of field goals increase should they give the same number of points.

I don't like an excessive amount of field goals either and feel that the emphasis should be in touchdowns, but I dislike the altered scoring system. So I'm thinking if the we could change it, but wanted to know if you think that it'd make kicking a too tempting option.
Personally I don't think so, but I haven't played enough with the rules to be certain.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

For AG 3 players ... I don't think it would be too tempting ... but for AG 4 team or an AG 5 player .... oh yeah, I think Field Goal kicking if an equal score would be very, very tempting.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

By the end of October, the PBeM tool will be able to play with the revised Kicking rules ... even if you don't play via PBeM ... you could download the program and try making kicks yourself to decide how good or bad such a change would be.

Galak

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I would support multiple returners if they had a chance to collide. That would be a riot!

Galak slap stick humor is a part of Blood Bowl. Toss any halflings lately? Banana Pell card anyone? Custard Pie? C'mon get into the groove and imagine 2 gobbos running for the kick only to crash into each other & miss the ball. lol

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!