Fan Factor imbalance

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Haar
Experienced
Experienced

Fan Factor imbalance

Post by Haar »

I'm about halfway through a season playing a rookie team in a league with some older teams. None of the teams started with a TR above 180, and in general the handicap table evens out the game enough that I have a chance of beating the high TR teams. The only imbalance that really bothers me is when we have the fanfactor rolloffs in the kickoff events, I lose big time because my opponent has 5 or 6 FF on me.

The team that is a season or three more mature doesn't really need that pitch invasion nearly as much as the team that is brand new.

In order to balance this out, I had two different ideas. The first is to decouple the FF events from the FF income, and the second is to add new handicap rolls relating to kickoff events.

You can't just inflict a cap on a team's FF at (say) 10 or something, because then they wouldn't get enough income. So the BBRC has put a soft limit on FF, with the -1 on your roll for each 10 FF you have. Your FF seems to stay high enough that you make enough money to replace dead and injured. So, make a rule that if your have an FF of 10 or higher, it is treated as 10 for kickoff event rolls.

The other idea, adding handicap rolls, is already partially implemented, since you can get free cheerleaders. Cheerleaders, however, don't assist in pitch invasions or throw a rock. So have a handicap roll that allows the coach in question to automatically win any one kickoff event rolloff.

Comments?

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Well there are some handicap results that effect FF - I've had one against me and it meant I lost all the KO rolls.

IMO, the problem is that too many of the KO results are too extreme (Blitz, Pitch Invasion, Get the Ref) so toning down the overall effects of Kick off would help mollify this problem.

Ian

Khrage
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Khrage »

I agree. Some of those Kick Off results are just brutal to the recieving team. Our league is considering modifying the pitch invasion and riot results to 1d3 to tone the random factor down a bit.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows!"
Bart Simpson